X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Senators (Auto)Response to bill S. 373

Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you:

Dear Mr. Gonzalez:

Thank you for sharing your views regarding nonnative-invasive species, and the commercial trade of pythons. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Nonnative wildlife species, like Burmese pythons, could cause great damage to threatened species and their habitat because they have no natural predators. On February 3, 2009, Senator Bill Nelson (R-FL) introduced S. 373, which would amend title 18 of the United States Code to include pythons as an injurious animal. Furthermore, this legislation would prohibit pythons from being shipped or imported into the United States. S. 373 was referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works where it awaits further action. Although I am not a member of this committee, I will work with my colleagues from the Florida delegation and the Department of the Interior to remove invasive species like Burmese pythons from Florida.

It is an honor and privilege to serve the people of the great State of Florida in the United States Senate. I take great pride in being a native Floridian, and I look forward to the tremendous opportunity to better the lives of all Floridians. I assure you I will work hard to represent our state to the best of my ability in the U.S. Senate. If I can be of any further help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

George S. LeMieux
    United States Senator

Re: My Senators (Auto)Response to bill S. 373

the same auto poo i got too I think were not going anywhere with our state senators since our senator is the guy we are fighting. I m hoping that USARK will have the pull we need with our letters and signatures.

Comment

Gotta love the auto responses... here's one I got today from one of our Congressmen.

Dear Mr. Webb:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on the issues that are important to you. I always value hearing from my fellow Oklahomans.

It is an honor to serve and represent the State of Oklahoma in Congress. I carefully take into account the input I receive and the concerns I hear from my constituents. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind as I vote in the U.S. House of Representatives on issues important both to Oklahoma and our nation.

Again, thank you for contacting me with your concernsIf I can ever be of future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully yours,
      Dan Boren
      Member of Congress

Respectfully Yours,

Dan Boren
      Member of Congress
      "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

I don't know. I think I would have liked to get an "auto response" rather than the one I got.

My response was..... LACKING to say the least.

Here's what I got. Not even signed. How pathetic is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thank you for contacting my office via e-mail. This response is to let you know that your e-mail arrived. Despite the large volume of e-mail my office receives daily, every effort is made to respond to your concerns in a timely fashion. If your message is urgent, please call my Washington, DC office at 202-224-4774. You may also call one of my offices in Kansas: Overland Park, 913-451-9343; Topeka, 785-295-2745; Wichita, 316-263-0416; Dodge City, 620-227-2244. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. If you would like more information on issues before the Senate, please visit my website at U.S. Senator Pat Roberts. You may also sign up on my home page for a monthly electronic newsletter that will provide additional updates on my work for Kansas.

BTW this response tells me.... RECEIVED, BUT NOT READ!!!!
        Last edited by Linda; 01-06-2010, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X