The news in FL. is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The news in FL. is at it again

I hate the news as they glorify everything.

New python sparks fears of a `super snake' - Broward - MiamiHerald.com

Re: The news in FL. is at it again

Boy that just made the most sensor of all "super snake" A bigger meaner snake is going
    to breed to a smaller more docile snake which will make a super snake.
    And how is it to giant snakes got away how do you lose 14' plus size
    snakes.
    Sounds like a media plant to strike up more interest and get people so tired of this
    that they want anything done to stop it. And if they are such a threat why is there a
    season. Here in texas we had a wild bore season. Well that didn't work well so they made it open season all year round.

Comment

this isn't new the rock python has been there along with the burmese. in fact alot of people say " african python which is the same as the burmese'. and I agree with the not closing the season thats just stupid, keep it open and keep catching til there all gone.

Comment

I think the pythons make my state more interesting, There here to stay and obviously thriving in the Everglades. I say go pythons!

Comment

I'd like to know how they're coming up with this "SUPER SNAKE" theory?!?!?!?!

Can African Rock Pythons and Burmese Pythons breed?? If so, have they ever been bred in captivity?? If so, what was the results?? I've heard/read that it's belived that crossing these two species could result in animals that are sterile, unable to reproduce.....

I know these two pythons look very similar. It could be possible for them to breed...., but to say they'll potentially produce as "SUPER SNAKE"... That's a bit of a reach, even for them.

If this was a "proven" fact, then I could understand their fears. It sounds to me, like it's just a theory that they've created in their own minds. It also sounds like they're grasping at straws to make the python situation in the Everglades sound much worse than it is.

Makes you wonder who's behind all these "stories/theories" that have been making headlines lately.

BTW There's another thing I noticed about this article. "THERE'S NO PICTURES!!!" All we have is their word that these were African Rock Pythons. For all we know.... They simply caught more Burmese Pythons. I think, since they didn't put any pictures along with the article... they probably were Burms.

Comment

Seems a little obvious also that , everyone knows these animals are getting
            froze out in all but the most extreme Southern areas. All these people listed
            have alot to gain or loose from money granted to them for "ENP" restoration.
            They're all from the water district and restoration department. They put this out right now to keep the ball rolling in their favor.

They may be gearing up for another big media blitz
            in front of a push in the senate

Then the comments made by people underneath the article irritating.

None of this stuff is based on factual evidence
            Its all still speculation

South Florida Water Management District.

George Horne, the water district's deputy executive director.

Deborah Drum, deputy director of the district's restoration sciences department.

LeRoy Rodgers, a water district scientist.
            Once they get their money , they'll say Oh we over estimated the number of
            Pythons in the ENP but we under estimate the danger they pose

All complete B.S.

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I say we genetically engineer a "Super Snake". Than can survive the winters and eat only New Yorkers.

Comment

I'm used to the media being stupid. I even expect it but what really upset me was the comments by the people below.

One useful idiot wrote "But...they make such cute pets. NOT" and another wrote "Only stupid could think snake is a pet."

What is wrong with these people!! Look, I hate cats. I can't stand them and would NEVER own one BUT I certainly don't begrudge people who love them the opportunity to own them.

Just because you don't understand our fascination with snakes or they're not "your thing" makes it OK to ban them? What is happening to my country?!?!?

I was listening to sports talk show host Jim Rome today and he was going off on (Indianapolis Colts reciever) Reggie Wayne for being a "snake guy". He was talking about how all snake guys are "freaks" whose only reason for owning a snake is "to watch a mouse die". IDIOT!! His motto for his radio show is "Have a take but don't suck or you'll get run".

Well Jimbo, here's my take...YOU SUCK! and you're about to get run...right off my radio dial. PUNK!! Jimbo "I suck like Romo" proves my theory that any idiot with a big enough mouth and NO BRAINS can get a syndicated radio show!

I want my country back people!! This makes me SICK! !!!

Comment

sorry to break the news to you, but this county has been circling the toilet bowl for a while now.

Comment

I've always thought Jim Rome was an idiot but that really proves my theory. Way to perpetuate a steroetype. How does he have a TV show?! Now about the article, it doesn't surprise me in the least. They interview people from the water department about snakes and then print the quotes in a way that makes them seem like facts.
                    http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                      I'm used to the media being stupid. I even expect it but what really upset me was the comments by the people below.

One useful idiot wrote "But...they make such cute pets. NOT" and another wrote "Only stupid could think snake is a pet."

What is wrong with these people!! Look, I hate cats. I can't stand them and would NEVER own one BUT I certainly don't begrudge people who love them the opportunity to own them.

Just because you don't understand our fascination with snakes or they're not "your thing" makes it OK to ban them? What is happening to my country?!?!?

I was listening to sports talk show host Jim Rome today and he was going off on (Indianapolis Colts reciever) Reggie Wayne for being a "snake guy". He was talking about how all snake guys are "freaks" whose only reason for owning a snake is "to watch a mouse die". IDIOT!! His motto for his radio show is "Have a take but don't suck or you'll get run".

Well Jimbo, here's my take...YOU SUCK! and you're about to get run...right off my radio dial. PUNK!! Jimbo "I suck like Romo" proves my theory that any idiot with a big enough mouth and NO BRAINS can get a syndicated radio show!

I want my country back people!! This makes me SICK! !!!

All the idiot comments got on my nerves as well

I heard something about Jim Rome going on a snake rant but I couldn't find the whole story

What complete A

Lar M
                      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X