Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approximately 6,000 letters opposing S373.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approximately 6,000 letters opposing S373.

Is this good? Or bad?

My first thought was, what the **** happened???!!!

This sounds like a small number in comparison to the 50,000 for HR669, but it's not and I'll explain why.

50,000 letters were received by a total of 21 committee members (remember, the bill never made it out of committee like S373 did). It is assumed (for this scenario to work) that each person sent one letter to every member of the committee. So, 50,000 letters divided by 21 members means 2,380 people signed letters.

In the case of S373, there are only 2 people to send letters to, the two Senators for an individuals state. So, if 2,380 people sent 2 letters each, that would only be 4,760 letters. We already have 26% MORE people who have sent letters, and tomorrow is expected to be a BIG day for letter delivery, as is Wednesday. I know my letters from this weekend haven't arrived yet and I sent in 700! That'll bump us to 40% more people! Mark Pollard gathered almost 400 in one day, that'll bump us to 50% more people signing these letters than they did for battling HR669! Not to mention all of the other folks who are sending in letters last minute!

So, by that estimation, this campaign has been an ENORMOUS success! As I've done with as many posts as possible, I really do want to thank every single person who signed and sent a letter. CLEARLY, your contribution has been vital to this campaigns success. Can we all agree that USARK and the members of the reptile nation did a good job coordinating efforts in the time given?

Thanks again everyone! Let's all cross our fingers that another couple of thousand letters show up to add to the mountain!!

jb
    For questions and comments, please email
    [email protected]
    JOIN USARK! http://www.usark.org/join.php

Re: Approximately 6,000 letters opposing S373.

Good Job Guys......Even though we should have double that...but good job none the less...

Comment

Thank you for the update i think this just might have made my day

GOOD WORK TO EVERYONE THAT DID THERE PART BIG OR SMALL

Comment

Comment

I'm certain I've got myself confused here but don't we have 98 Senators to send letters to

2 Senators in each of all 49 states , so 98 Senators total and 6000 Letters sent,

that's an average of 61 Letters per state isn't it????

about 30.5 letters per Senator ??????

I'm sure my math is wrong in some respect here , I hope !!!

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

still seems small. you'd expect more than that just from breeders-for-profit.

Comment

I agree Larry it does seem low to me as well.

Comment

I sent the letter via email paid the $9 to send to our two Sen. here in OR plus a Rep. Blumenhaur, Sen.Merkley and Wyden.
                Hopefully this news will make it easier to sleep better and not have to worry about this bill.
                I even just got a new Super salmon baby Fri. I wanted to get one for just incase the bill would pass and I wouldn't be able to get one.
                sigpic

Jeffrey Ryan Roecker
                Gresham,OR
                Save our Reptiles!!
                I Brake for Snakes!!::

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                  I'm certain I've got myself confused here but don't we have 98 Senators to send letters to

2 Senators in each of all 49 states , so 98 Senators total and 6000 Letters sent,

that's an average of 61 Letters per state isn't it????

about 30.5 letters per Senator ??????

I'm sure my math is wrong in some respect here , I hope !!!
                  it's 61 per senator, so 122 per state, but that still doesn't seem like a lot. That being said, we probably have 5960 more letters than the people who would support the bill, so hopefully Reptile Nation will have enough impact to show them that a representative democracy means we won't let just them legislate us into complacency,
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by natieb View Post
                    it's 61 per senator, so 122 per state, but that still doesn't seem like a lot. That being said, we probably have 5960 more letters than the people who would support the bill, so hopefully Reptile Nation will have enough impact to show them that a representative democracy means we won't let just them legislate us into complacency,

Thanks for the help , I knew I confused myself along the way there, ha, ha

right 62.5 per Senator 125 per state

Thankyou Nathan

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I think this is good news too.

What JB is saying is that even though HR669 had more letters (pieces of paper) this letter campaign involved MORE PEOPLE, therefore more successful. If you take into account that HR669 targeted far more animals this means that our grass roots movement is growing. Substantially.

Keep in mind this is a multi-prong attack and the letters were just one prong. Combine it with the emails, faxes, phone calls, press and what USARK is doing "behind the scenes" and hopefully we made our presence known.

All that being said, while this gives me a smile, BY NO MEANS are we done. I don't know about you guys but I took this bill as a personal insult so I would love nothing more than to "run up the score" on these idiots. The progress we've made only fuels my fire.

To use an analogy from cage fighting...I don't want a decision by the judges...I don't even want a knockout...I want them to TAP OUT! I want them to be beaten so badly that they quit the fight. I want to teach them a lesson in humility and think twice about EVER getting in the cage with the Reptile Nation!!!

So keep up the............

FIGHT!

Comment

good news so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                          I think this is good news too.

What JB is saying is that even though HR669 had more letters (pieces of paper) this letter campaign involved MORE PEOPLE, therefore more successful. If you take into account that HR669 targeted far more animals this means that our grass roots movement is growing. Substantially.

Keep in mind this is a multi-prong attack and the letters were just one prong. Combine it with the emails, faxes, phone calls, press and what USARK is doing "behind the scenes" and hopefully we made our presence known.

All that being said, while this gives me a smile, BY NO MEANS are we done. I don't know about you guys but I took this bill as a personal insult so I would love nothing more than to "run up the score" on these idiots. The progress we've made only fuels my fire.

To use an analogy from cage fighting...I don't want a decision by the judges...I don't even want a knockout...I want them to TAP OUT! I want them to be beaten so badly that they quit the fight. I want to teach them a lesson in humility and think twice about EVER getting in the cage with the Reptile Nation!!!

FIGHT!
                          I love how you worded this,awesome way to put it,couldnt said it better..WE JUST NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING.....Mike

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER

FIGHT!
                            Oooh-rah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is no doubt that this is true we more than doubled the participation.

50,000 letters divided by 21 committee members then divide that by 49 states

50,000 / 21 = 2380 / 49 = 48

So an average of only 48 people per state participated in the HR 669 campaign

So we've more than doubled the participation at this point

That is great news

Lar M
                              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X