Fl News papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fl News papers

I just hate seeing the comments below. It is just wrong.

New laws aim to rid South Florida of `injurious' snake species - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Re: Fl News papers

Yeah, It's the people that are Afraid of snakes that want this bill to pass. I think it's rediculous to "Blame" owners for this..I read in another site the snakes (most of them) in the Glades are from Hurricane Andrews distruction of a Breeders place.

Heres the Comment:

has been well documented that released pets are most likely NOT the cause for Burms in the ENP. DNA testing done on snakes found has traced them all back to a few imported Burmese acquired by a breeder prior to hurricane Andrew in 1992. It's believed that Hurricane Andrew released many of these captive bred generations of these imported snakes into the ENP. Furthermore, not one single incident of someone releasing their pet python into the Everglades has ever been reported. NONE.

From here.

Support Senate Bill 318 to stop importation of certain reptiles - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Comment

Re: Fl News papers

Originally posted by Wildman09 View Post
      Yeah, It's the people that are Afraid of snakes that want this bill to pass. I think it's rediculous to "Blame" owners for this..I read in another site the snakes (most of them) in the Glades are from Hurricane Andrews distruction of a Breeders place.

Heres the Comment:

has been well documented that released pets are most likely NOT the cause for Burms in the ENP. DNA testing done on snakes found has traced them all back to a few imported Burmese acquired by a breeder prior to hurricane Andrew in 1992. It's believed that Hurricane Andrew released many of these captive bred generations of these imported snakes into the ENP. Furthermore, not one single incident of someone releasing their pet python into the Everglades has ever been reported. NONE.

From here.

Support Senate Bill 318 to stop importation of certain reptiles - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
      That was me (McDirty)

Comment

Working...
      X