The Witch Hunt Continues Attn. GA Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witch Hunt Continues Attn. GA Members

Georgia is trying to pass SB303, which will currently require the licensing of Retics, Burms, Indians, Scrubs, African Rocks, and Condas. They will also have to be microchipped. It could be worse, but it sure opens the door...

Georgia General Assembly - SB 303

Mark

Re: The Witch Hunt Continues Attn. GA Members

Yep I have already seen that one. I'm sure this one will pass. Burms are the only ones on the list that I keep.

Comment

these is a repeap

Comment

if licensing is required is it for each retic and each burmese python or is it just for having retic and burmese pythons and do you only have to have one license to how all of your python or is for each one if so that sucks a lott.

but its better than a all out ban.

Comment

Since they are requiring each snake to be microchipped, it sounds like each snake will be licensed.

Mark

Comment

Sincerely, I would much prefer this to an all-out ban- of course, anything's better than a ban, but at least this sort of legislation would actively punish bad owners and not the good ones.

Still, quite the hassle. :/
            -C

Comment

Sincerely, I would much prefer this to an all-out ban- of course, anything's better than a ban, but at least this sort of legislation would actively punish bad owners and not the good ones.

Still, quite the hassle. :/
              -C

Comment

Depending on how the law is applied to breeders then it might as well be a ban. Who's responsibility is it to register or microchip the snake? Is the breeder or the buyer? or both? What if the buyer is a wholesaler? What happens when the wholesaler sells it to a retailer?

If a breeder had to register and microchip each baby it produced or a wholesaler each baby it bought it would crush the business.

Breeders would stop breeding and wholesalers would stop buying out of state so basically it would ban them.

BUT...

I guess it's better than a ban...right?

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                  Depending on how the law is applied to breeders then it might as well be a ban. Who's responsibility is it to register or microchip the snake? Is the breeder or the buyer? or both? What if the buyer is a wholesaler? What happens when the wholesaler sells it to a retailer?

If a breeder had to register and microchip each baby it produced or a wholesaler each baby it bought it would crush the business.

Breeders would stop breeding and wholesalers would stop buying out of state so basically it would ban them.

BUT...

I guess it's better than a ban...right?

This is the big Question right here, who's responsible for that expense ?

At what point is this expected ?

upon or before sale ?

or

right after purchase ?

I could see this being used to completely devastate the business of selling
                  or dealing in these animals

Just like the Delaware law was specifically designed to put Bill Kirby out of Business

The way he sounds they specifically drew up that law in Del. to point at him and kill his business.

So too could this law disrupt business in GA.

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

What I don't get is this:

"Prove that facilities for holding or exhibiting wild animals are completely separated from a residence and meet state specifications for humane handling, care, and confinement."

So... if you live in an apartment you will be denied a license? And *** is up with the separate facility apart from the residence for housing the snakes? These are pets. You wouldn't lock your dog up in an outbuilding, why the hell should you have to do it for your snakes?

Comment

Working...
                    X