X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhode Island To Ban 'Gators, Crocs, Pythons and Boas

This from PIJAC:

The Issue.
    Senate Bill 2027 would prohibit the ownership of alligators, crocodiles, pythons and boa constrictors in Rhode Island.

The Impact.
    As stated above, this legislation states that "no person shall be permitted to own alligators, crocodiles, pythons and boa constrictors." Anyone found with ownership of any of these animals would be subject to fines of $1,000 and up.

The bill DOES NOT specify specific species of the listed animal families, but rather makes an across-the-board ban.

Recommended Action.
    Many pet owners and businesses in Rhode Island may be affected by this bill. Both Florida and Georgia have proposed similar legislative ownership restrictions of certain snakes. Also, in 2009, Congress proposed bills in both chambers banning ownership of certain snakes and just this week the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service announced it will propose to list the Burmese python and eight other large constrictor snakes that threaten the Everglades and other sensitive ecosystems as "injurious wildlife" under the Lacey Act. Therefore, it is obvious this type of legislation is becoming a trend all over the country.

SB 2027 has been referred to the Senate Constitutional & Regulatory Issues Committee. We urge you to contact members of the Committee with your questions and concerns.

Click here to read entire text of SB 2027.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact PIJAC's Bambi Nicole Osborne by phone at 202-452-1525 or via email at [email protected].

Re: Rhode Island To Ban 'Gators, Crocs, Pythons and Boas

This stuff is so outrageous , entirely uncalled for especially in a Northern State.

Its obvious these people are acting out of fear and ignorance

probably spurred on by HSUS

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

thats all it is is fear and ignorance,its a shame this is happening.....Mike

Comment

I'm going to grab my shovel,go in my back yard,and dig me some snow to see if I can find the wild burm population hiding under the snow! Florida wants to ban because of the burm problem,what are they basing it on here??? I will be making some calls Monday..

Comment

This is getting rediculous!

It's an insult to our way of life as Americans!

Comment

The thing that gets me is that these laws they are trying to pass will cause far more problems than currently exist. This law in RI will ban the possession of Boas and Pythons. What are the current owners supposed to do with their animals? Turn them in to be destroyed? Try to sell them to someone in a "Free State" (no insane reptile laws)? Its going to get harder and harder to sell boas and pythons, if these laws pass, because people will be nervous about laying out money for something that may get banned in their state in another year.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
              This is getting rediculous!

It's an insult to our way of life as Americans!

I agree

HSUS wants to take all animals out of the hands of humans

No domesticated farm animals , no chickens or eggs, no dairy no milk , no cheese

No beef cattle or pigs or any meat products for us to eat

They introduced so much legislation against Indiana and Ohio Farm industries

its making it harder and harder for them to maintain low prices because the

crazy laws they get passed drive costs up for the farmers ,therefore driving pricing at the store up

Eventually smaller farms go out of business because they can't keep up with the crazy expensive rules, its gotten really bad

I believe they are starting to target Mich now also and this year it will spread further, probably IL. so on etc..

This is all Anti American in my opinion

HSUS is a Terrorist organization make no mistake about it

they are dismantling America from within

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X