X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natgeo explorer episode on burms: 2/9/10

just came across this:

Explorer | Python Wars | National Geographic Channel

natgeo explorer on the burms in florida.

doesn't look good

Re: natgeo explorer episode on burms: 2/9/10

We have found wading birds,bob cats, but they have not listed the numbers they found and I bet they won't

Not to mention just what do you think all the Alligators & Crocs are eating down there ?

The same wading birds etc....

So how is that different , what makes the Pythons a bigger threat ?

These people these "Scientists" are looking for long lasting jobs

Projects that they Milk for many years come and get Fat & wealthy on a cushy Federal grant Funded job

They are literally druming up business for themselves at our expense

If they want to study those Pythons down there

go right ahead but don't do it at someone else's expense
    Last edited by Boa Amarali; 01-24-2010, 04:27 PM.

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Fred Kaufman is the series Executive Producer. He serves on the advisory board of The Humane Society of the United States Hollywood Division.

theboaphile.com
      boaphileplastics.com

Comment

So Jeff your saying its another one sided story.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Boaphile View Post
          Fred Kaufman is the series Executive Producer. He serves on the advisory board of The Humane Society of the United States Hollywood Division.

Wait a minute isn't Fred Kaufman the same guy that's producing this show also ???

Invasion of the Giant Pythons

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Dosen't look good at all. There's also an episode of Monsterquest on the pythons in florida airing at 9pm this wednesday on the history channel that will probably be pretty biased. The preview made the burms look like killers!

Comment

Originally posted by jdataco View Post
              Dosen't look good at all. There's also an episode of Monsterquest on the pythons in florida airing at 9pm this wednesday on the history channel that will probably be pretty biased. The preview made the burms look like killers!
              Is that another new MQ Burm Episode or the same one that aired last year ?

I've seen the one but if its another one I'll have to check it out.

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I didn't see the one last year so it could be the same one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                  Is that another new MQ Burm Episode or the same one that aired last year ?

I've seen the one but if its another one I'll have to check it out.
                  It's a new 2010 episode. I'm recording it.

MonsterQuest : Giant Killer Snakes Airs on Wednesday January 27 08:00 PM
                  Head deep into the Venezuela wilderness where there have been sightings of huge man-eating snakes--anaconda. For the first time ever an industrial acoustic sonar camera will be used to search for these monsters. The investigation will also search the Everglades of Florida where pet pythons have escaped and are multiplying and growing to huge sizes, preying on all kinds of animals, even swallowing a full grown alligator in one case. Could a human become their next victim?

MonsterQuest : Giant Pythons in America Airs on Wednesday January 27 09:00 PM
                  A deadly, slithering menace is taking over Florida and may be heading north. For more than 100 years, giant pythons have been discovered in parts of the Sunshine State, but since Hurricane Andrew in 1992, their territory has rapidly spread. Now, MonsterQuest searches for incursions in the outskirts of Miami, a population hotspot that is just moments from schools and homes. The team investigates whether pythons could hybridize and adapt, enabling them to threaten every state in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER

It's a new 2010 episode. I'm recording it.

MonsterQuest : Giant Killer Snakes Airs on Wednesday January 27 08:00 PM
                    Head deep into the Venezuela wilderness where there have been sightings of huge man-eating snakes--anaconda. For the first time ever an industrial acoustic sonar camera will be used to search for these monsters. The investigation will also search the Everglades of Florida where pet pythons have escaped and are multiplying and growing to huge sizes, preying on all kinds of animals, even swallowing a full grown alligator in one case. Could a human become their next victim?

MonsterQuest : Giant Pythons in America Airs on Wednesday January 27 09:00 PM
                    A deadly, slithering menace is taking over Florida and may be heading north. For more than 100 years, giant pythons have been discovered in parts of the Sunshine State, but since Hurricane Andrew in 1992, their territory has rapidly spread. Now, MonsterQuest searches for incursions in the outskirts of Miami, a population hotspot that is just moments from schools and homes. The team investigates whether pythons could hybridize and adapt, enabling them to threaten every state in the US.
                    That ABSOLUTELY sickens me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly I threw up in my mouth a little bit , ha ha

Lar M
                      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I love the timing of all of this. Awfully convenient that as S373 does its 60 days for the public to voice its opinion, all these shows on killer snakes are airing. I didn't just throw up in my mouth, but all over the tv when I watched the monsterquest episode

Comment

Originally posted by grizzle View Post
                          I love the timing of all of this. Awfully convenient that as S373 does its 60 days for the public to voice its opinion, all these shows on killer snakes are airing. I didn't just throw up in my mouth, but all over the tv when I watched the monsterquest episode

I want to clarify , you probably already understand.

USF&WS Listing of the 9 Constrictors and the 60 day public opinion hearing period is unrelated to S 373

The S373 legislation is just that proposed Legislation

The USF&WS process of Listing injurious Species under the Lacy Act is the proper
                          way to handle this process. Hopefully it will be used in the scientific
                          unbiased way which it was meant to be used for listing injurious species

I do understand the point of what you are saying though.

Lar M
                          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure all 3 of those channels are owned by the same people if you dig deep; all of tv is owned by like 6-10 people.

most don't probably know that, but that's why a string of similar channels run virutally the same stuff it's agenda based. It's not like they are independant channels who feel the stories are compelling.

Comment

Working...
                            X