Post Apocolypstic Lacy Listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Apocolypstic Lacy Listing

Heres how I'm going to proceed in light of what recently happened with the banning of four large constrictors and the inevitable banning of the remaining five. Just my approach and not what anyone else needs to follow or agree with. Just me.

No more letter campaignes and strictly looking to the legal system to reverse what happened and prevent it from continuing to happen. Legal victory makes for a strong deterrent against proceeding to attack more animals with their flawed and fabricated science. Ball Pythons are already included, in addition to the big nine and Blood Pythons or all Pythons could be next. Remember, they didn't pick anyone subspecies or locality of Boas, they said all regardless of size or preferential habitat.

I'm operating under the notion that Boas are already listed and restricted to my home state. Based on that is how the rest of my actions will be dictated.

Going to seek out the best of the best from breeders around the world to ensure I have the ingredients for what I want to work with going forward.

Establish and maintain a network of breeders working with what I need or may need in the future to ensure I can find a way to get what I need. Prohibition did not stop people from getting drunk and some stupid self serving act is not going to prevent me from acquiring what I need.

Minimize my current and future breeders to the absolute best of the best and you will see me selling what does not make the grade. When you see the quality of what I'm liquidating then you'll get an appreciation of what I'm looking for.

Continue my mantra to breed for greed and not breed to breed by only introducing the best to the best and allowing the rest to go to others within my state (hmmm) as pets or for their future breeding stock so should they choose to.

Ensure I have the proper caging based on specific breeding plans as to how many breeders, sub adults and young I have, plus what I need to ensure that the best of the best produced sells at the right price versus flooding the market in a desperate get rid of it now "on sale" act.

Wholesale anything that I don't feel is of superior quality and let those channels fulfill the pet trade. Hopefully as we improve our blood line then we will have improved our pet trade and we can do away with Boa dumping on-line adds.

Although, my current plans call for wholesaling to assist with selling what I produce and don't need for future breeders, my mission is to improve the bloodlines to a point that the percentage that is pet quality is minimize to the point I can move them myself or eliminate the wholesaler and deal directly with pets hops who cater to selling the best of the best versus flippin it for a few dollars. Who we sell to is more important then who we purchase from.

As the bloodlines get stronger then I will breed less as I don't need as much to produce. Less is more but you only get there by breeding the best to the best and the rest for pets.

Educate the general public and our own unique atributes to owning a large Boid or any reptile or amphibian and hopefully reverse the stigma that is so undeserving.

Continue to fight our adversaries as best I can to ensure my privilege and my children's privileges and beyond are not taken away.

I will direct my voting power to the party that best fits my long term goal to maintain those privledges and no longer look at the individual, as I feel this sends the strongest message to a wider audience and it's a focused and precission strike at the heart of the problem, based on an ideological view that some are entitled and the rest must pay for that right. We have very specific rights and entitlement is not one of them and best viewed as a privledge and not something your born into.

Stop fighting with my fellow Herpers. We're in the same fight and the enemy is out there and not here. I expect the same but don't expect it will actually be received and hopefully my actions going forward will help achieve that goal. At least, I'm going to try and this will be the hardest challenge for me, as its not in my DNA to back down and I'm not - I'm just redirecting that don't take crap mentality at our real enemies.

Last and not least, I will never give up my Boas and never give up hope that in the end, I will keep my privledges for me, my children and beyond and for all who enjoy the passion for these magnificent creatures that are so misunderstood.

Re: Post Apocolypstic Lacy Listing

Hey, Alex!

I agree that the law suit is the way to go. From what I hear, it is in the works. My wife and I are figuring out how to raise some real money (for us) to contribute.

Since I'm in Florida, too, I'm going to be sure to vote Bill Nelson out when the time comes. Isn't that this year?

I think law suit and unified coordinated voting are two of the most effective things we can do.

I also am "firming up" my boa collection as that's all I do as well. I'm still moving forward with my plan to upgrade all of my caging and am hoping to work to refine my breeding collection.

I'm not getting out of boas either.

See you at the shows!

Aaron

Comment

Prohibition boafication? No doubt it's GOING to happen... but we NEED to keep fighting legally as well.

Comment

You realize that there are already other types of snakes that have these same sanctions and all you need is a federal permit. Cost 100 bucks. Not to breed but to buy. Eastern Indigos for one. I think you all are getting ahead of yourselves. They dropped boas and balls because the opposition was too strong.
        I for one will not act like my animals are banned and ASSUME they will be in the future.
        Y'all need to enjoy the fact that boas are not banned and keep the warrior mentality.......IF they ever try to ban boas in the future.
        Post apocalyptic? I have no doubt that one day there will be a.battle for boas again but I'm not going to hunker down in my bomb shelter in fear of when its going to happen.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Comment

The Warrior Mentality

I agree. Warriors take Action. That's why, in my head, I have Action Items:

1. Proceed with federal lawsuit by taking tangible steps:
          a. generate the necessary funding to fiscally and not just "emotionally" or "verbally" support said law suit-this is quantifiable and verifiable.

2. Proceed with a voting strategy to eliminate Nelson:
          a. find out when the election will be, who is most likely to defeat him and vote: again, quantifiable and verifiable.

3. Proceed improving and increasing my collection:
          a. improve caging and animals in my collection with the knowledge that we will overcome this. Once again, tangible, quantifiable, verifiable.

Am I missing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by dumboa View Post
            I think you all are getting ahead of yourselves. They dropped boas and balls because the opposition was too strong.
            Boas and Balls weren't dropped, they just weren't listed. Many of us feel that it's inevitable that they both will be listed and it may be sooner then later. Best to prepare for the most likely scenario versus finding oneself scrambling in a reactive mode.

Comment

You realize that there are already other types of snakes that have these same sanctions and all you need is a federal permit.
              this is the Lacey Act we're talking about here. Indigos aren't listed under the Lacey Act. there ARE no "buying permits" under the Lacey Act. it's a TOTAL shutdown of interstate transport.

They dropped boas and balls because the opposition was too strong.
              they dropped boas because they didn't have QUITE enough "ammunition"... YET. they're working on it. they couldn't care less about the opposition because they're not elected officials.

as for balls, [MENTION=7606]GARRIGA[/MENTION] , they were not included in this particular rule-change process so there would have to be an entirely new one for them, which would take several years to complete. they can't just randomly add species that weren't included from the beginning. however, based on some papers that some scientists are publishing it looks as if they're "getting their ducks in a row" to begin the process for balls, too. time will tell, but be assured that they have learned lessons from this current attempt and will reinforce their weaknesses a little better next time around.

Comment

[MENTION=8291]dangles[/MENTION] I was wrong about the indigo referrence.

what I am trying to say is I am tired of the doom and gloom crap. Im still fighting and I still support USARK, I still support our brothers who were effected by the Lacey Act and I am under no dillusion that they will not try to take boas and balls.
                From everyone's posts for the past few days there is nothing but negative undertones. We all lost an important fight that we were ALL hoping would be overturned. But guess what, it didn't get overturned and miraculously rtb's were removed.
                You guys are all correct in preparing for the next round and supporting the lawsuit to overturn the Lacey act. I'm down with the cause, to the end. I am just sick of doom and gloom.
                Much love to everyone on here, I have no hard feelings to ANYONE, even if I've pissed some people off or people pissed me off with the negativity.
                At the end of the day I am super stoked for the rtb removal and will fight just as hard as everyone else during round 2,3,4......

Tensions are high after this ruling and I think all those politicians are winning a deeper battle, we are all fighting and arguing with each other. I for one am tired of it.

Much love rtb.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GARRIGA View Post
                  Boas and Balls weren't dropped, they just weren't listed. Many of us feel that it's inevitable that they both will be listed and it may be sooner then later. Best to prepare for the most likely scenario versus finding oneself scrambling in a reactive mode.
                  OK, not dropped, but they were removed from the proposal,
                  ...and I am ready and I am glad you are too.

Comment

I am movig forward. I will Contunie to bulid my projects.
                    I will continue to support USARK and fight for our rights.
                    I just renewed my membership. Nothig big but every little bit helps.

Comment

Mr. Garriga I just read a story online the other day. I believe Florida has at least one Republican who is part of this anti Snake Rhetoric also.

He was complaininmg because not all 9 became part of the ban at this point.

You need to find out who he is and lambast him !

I wsh I would have wrote his name down.

Lar M
                      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                        Mr. Garriga I just read a story online the other day. I believe Florida has at least one Republican who is part of this anti Snake Rhetoric also.

He was complaininmg because not all 9 became part of the ban at this point.

You need to find out who he is and lambast him !

Larry is this the guy you are talking about?

Rooney slams python ban as half-measure | Florida Politics | Sun Sentinel blog

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                          Congressman Tom Rooney

Comment

Originally posted by jefrow View Post

Brian Thankyou , that is the exact article I was reading and of course that is who I was referring to.

Originally posted by dangles View Post

Thankyou both for the assist !!

Lar M
                            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

If both the Republicans and democrats are supporting this process then how will our votes matter? My thought process on attacking the party is like punishing the patents because they weren't able to control their child from acting out. Yes, we can try to vote against those that support this as individuals but what's to stop another idiot from taking their place. Now you have to hope that at the individual level you know each's stance on our privledge not to be messed with like this. Perhaps there's an organization that tracks each politician's stance on exotics or perhaps USARK should or already does. Anyone know.

Time I got more involved in who's going to be in office and take a proactive versus reactive mode or complain cause it ain't what I wanted. No more playing and I'm ashamed to admit this had to happen for me to realize my slacking off.

Comment

Working...
                              X