Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wake Up, fellow herp-keepers in Colorado!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Up, fellow herp-keepers in Colorado!

Just read the USARK update...there is a proposal (in Colorado) to require a yearly license (costing $225) IF you happen to have any combination of 8 females or more (be they snakes, lizards,
    tortoises etc) and whether or not you breed them. I highly recommend that anyone affected read up on this issue and POLITELY protest before it's too late.

Maybe you can 'get them' for gender bias!? (not really funny...) Last time I checked, breeding requires males too... they seem to be assuming that everyone who keeps animals is breeding & making
    a profit off them...and they want their cut. Anyway, USARK has some good talking points...don't roll over & play dead folks! (I wonder if people with fish tanks will have to sex all their fish soon?)

Read it for yourself: http://usark.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d7e8c81109173978c4240862c&id=095b442b58&e= 3b027cc1fe

D
    eadline for comments May 23 & Public Hearing is May 24 SO YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!

Re: Wake Up, fellow herp-keepers in Colorado!

Why are herps the only ones specified for merely owning a certain quantity? Everything else is transferring or rescuing.

Comment

Re: Wake Up, fellow herp-keepers in Colorado!

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
      Why are herps the only ones specified for merely owning a certain quantity? Everything else is transferring or rescuing.
      I think that's the 'fear-factor'...the mere thought of them multiplying sends some people running to push for regulations.

Comment

Working...
      X