Possible morph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible morph

My wife and I got our first TRB just over five years ago. Only in the last year has our collection grown to four BP's, two RTB's, one Chameleon and a Green Iguana. We got our first RTB at Pet Smart, as a plain old RTB. She is almost 6' with a very healthy girth; she appears to enjoy being handled. There are pretty clear and normal markings on her back and sides. In the last year or so, her underbelly has become very PINK or CORAL or SALMON. With the limited research I have done I know there is one specific gene for Salmon, but what about the others. I have no idea of her leineology. Does anyone have some guidance? Once I figure out how to load pics I will post some showing her underbelly.>>
    > >
    Thanks>>

Re: Possible morph

Comment

Those attachments aren't working, however Salmon is a line of Hypo. If you have a normal boa then it's not a Salmon. Sounds like you have a nicely colored normal, or it could be some sort of medical issue. Hard to tell without photos.
      Previously jjurczyk

facebook.com/k1ssy

Comment

Hey, Thanks for the feedback! I have researched a little more. The pink underbelly is a PRESHED charachteristic for RTB's!Roxy underbelly.JPGROXY.JPG

Comment

Colombian Boa . . . . .nothing more ,nothing less as far as I can see !

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

That's a pretty normal coloration. My normal girls has a bit of orange with her pinks.

-Sean in NoCal
            “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
            -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

I agree -- no morph, and also not a "Red Tail Boa " (RTB for short ) . Real Red Tails are likely not found in a Petsmart. They are those Boas who's taxonomy is BCC, and the more common ones in the pet trade are from Surinam, Guyana, Peru, Brazil . . . and other Amazon Basin countries. Yours looks to be a common BCI Boa , likely from Colombian decent

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. She is a great animal and I think she will have a few litters with amazing results... Eventually.

Comment

Working...
                X