Dish soap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Treatment] Dish soap?

Does dish soap work If I use it on the snakes? I'm waiting for PAM to come it could take 3 weeks and mabe not come at all. Every time I think I killed them another snake has them.. I'm getting pissed lol.

Re: Dish soap?

Dish soap is used in the water that you soak the Boas in

The soap disrupts the oxygen bubbles in the water

Creating a nonviable environment for the mites

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

How much should I use?

Comment

And is there anything else I can do before the pam gets here? I want these buggers gone.. They are relentless
        Last edited by Atrayu; 01-13-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Do a search on this site for mites this topic has been covered numerous times.
          Most people as I have had these issues more then I wanted to but I use
          equate bed lice spray.
          But I really prefer just using the lice shampoo 1/10 to water. It works well
          and is at your local walmart or grocery store and you can get rid of the mites today
          do not linger or wait for the pam it could be late or just much harder to get rid of at that time.The eggs could be in the thousands in 3 weeks.

Comment

I keep washing the cages and soaking the snakes, it works for a bit but I have a rack so its not easy to do all at once, I can't really clean the top of each shelf eaither because its so deep.

Comment

All Boas - Mites & My Mite Death Program

Comment

You probably already did, but incase you didnt. While soaking make sure to check the eyes. Mite will get between the eyes and skin in the eye socket. Use a wet Qtip to wipe them out.

Comment

This is an old thread, I got rid of the mites awhile ago now, thanks to pam

Comment

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                    This is an old thread, I got rid of the mites awhile ago now, thanks to pam
                    OH OOOPS, I never look at the dates.

Comment

in my experience using dish soap will only get rid of the mites on the surface. I had to deal with mites a little while back and the only thing that really worked was PAM. If you're PAM isn't due to arrive for a couple weeks Its probably a good idea to use dish soap just to provide relief and keep them some what under control until to PAM arrives, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by stogiemalt View Post
                        in my experience using dish soap will only get rid of the mites on the surface. I had to deal with mites a little while back and the only thing that really worked was PAM. If you're PAM isn't due to arrive for a couple weeks Its probably a good idea to use dish soap just to provide relief and keep them some what under control until to PAM arrives, good luck!
                        Didn't you read the last two posts? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X