Ball Room rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Room rack

It hasn't come yet but it shouldn't be long now. I was just wondering how the thermostat is going to work? It has 4 seperate cages, will I need 4 seperate thermostats?

Re: Ball Room rack

No. What I do with mine is I place the probe in the second shelf from the bottom (directly on the FlexWatt) then I adjust as necessary to achieve a good temp range for all the tubs.

Comment

O , I see. And that works out alright for you?

Comment

I set mine up the same way Mike did. Works out very well for me.

Comment

Cool, Sounds good then, I dont have to buy a bunch of thermostats

Comment

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
            Cool, Sounds good then, I dont have to buy a bunch of thermostats
            No, just one thermostat can run the whole rack and then some. I run a double thermostat set up on my cages. Jeff sells singles and doubles. Don't hesitate to call Jeff when you have questions, he is a great, and I mean great guy. Don't send him PM's, he prefers to be contacted by phone.

Comment

But lets say i hook my ballroom rack up to a thermostat and i have the probe in the second cage up. Any other heat source plugged into the thermostat would be turning off when the cage with the probe is heated to the set temp. So anything else plugged in could reach any temp and the thermostat isn't doing anything for it. Am I right?

Comment

You could hook up 5 cages,or racks,to one thermostat if the cages are the same size with the same size heater.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                  But lets say i hook my ballroom rack up to a thermostat and i have the probe in the second cage up. Any other heat source plugged into the thermostat would be turning off when the cage with the probe is heated to the set temp. So anything else plugged in could reach any temp and the thermostat isn't doing anything for it. Am I right?
                  HopingForBabies is correct. If the cages are the same size and style, they will have the same size pieces of flexwatt heat tape in them. They will heat the same. This is exactly how Jeff heats all of his cages. Like I said, if you are still confused, just call the boaphile him self and ask him. Thats where we got our information from.

Comment

I'm not confused, im just saying that if one were to overheat and start melting the tank or something, inless its the tank with the probe the thermostat isn't going to save it. Of course it would have to be a faulty flexwatt or something.

Comment

It could happen, but remember, it is always being shut off by the thermostat. Chances are it will not stay on long enough to get that hot. Flexwatt is also very low wattage in comparison to other types of heaters and will not get hot enough to melt your cage.

Comment

i do believe i remember jeff saying he keeps up to 25 421ds on one (double) tstat - it may be fewer than that, but it's alot in any case. i think they're 1500 watt max, so at 20w/ft of 11" tape (or something close to that... can't remember), that's a LOT of FW you can hook up to just one of those tstats.

don't quote me on that... it may be only 1000w, but you get the point

and what has already been said is right. as long as all the setups are the same, you can keep them all on one (single or double) tstat.

Comment

Cool cool, just checking, thanks for the replys

Comment

1. Each Ball Room rack built in the past four years or so is 75 Watts. One of our double or single thermostats will power up to ten of these racks. Though the wattage is well under the 1500 watt limit for the thermostat, I never recommend more than 20 heaters on a single thermostat. This is because with all that copper wire, your voltage will start to drop.

2. THe FLexwatt in out racks is specially made ofr us. It is 4" Flexwatt at 5 Watts per foot. Even if plugged directly into the wall, which we do NOT recommend, it will not come close to melting any kind of plastic including the plastic of the Flexwatt itself.

3. We do not recommend the 11" - 20 watt Flexwatt for use with ANY of Boaphile Plastics products. There are instances it is required for some people but NEVER EVER EVER with a Boaphile Plastics product. It is more wattage than is necessary to heat our cages or rack. The only exception to this is our "Radiant End Panel Heaters". But those are unlike anything esle we build complete with a large airgap that gets heated by the 11" Flexwatt. Other than that, any use of the 11" Flexwatt on our stuff is a misuse of that Flexwatt.

4. Every rack we build have an opening in the back that the cord(s) come out of. We recommend that the probe(s) be inserted into that hold and taped, directly ON the Flexwatt in that bottom corner against the wall of the rack using clear packaging tape. NO OTHER TAPE is recommended ESPECIALLY fully conductive aluminum foil tape.

5. In the case of a double thermostat set up, both probes must be placed right beside each other directly on the heater.

theboaphile.com
                            boaphileplastics.com

Comment

Working...
                            X