Ballroomrack is here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballroomrack is here!!

My ballroom rack has finally arrived . My question now is do I drill a hole to put my thermostat prob through? Or what has everyone else done for theres? Thanks

Re: Ballroomrack is here!!

I was able to fit my probe through an existing hole. You could drill a whole through the back if you need to.

Comment

Also.. Do I put the probe in the top tank? Assuming that will be the hottest tank? Or should I put it on the bottom?

Comment

Dont drill a hole...there is a hole down where the flexwatt wires come out...use that.

Comment

I put my heat probe in the second to last drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
            Also.. Do I put the probe in the top tank? Assuming that will be the hottest tank? Or should I put it on the bottom?
            Where ever the flex watt starts (closest to plug) is probably the best bin for it.. as thats where most of the energy will lye.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanR View Post
              Where ever the flex watt starts (closest to plug) is probably the best bin for it.. as thats where most of the energy will lye.

Not really, because the heat will be too cool the farthest away. Your best bet is the second drawer up.

I have ball room racks.

Comment

If I put it in the second tank up, I have to drill a hole then. Put the probe directly on the heat pad?

Comment

If I put it in the second tank up, I have to drill a hole then. Put the probe directly on the heat pad?
                  Yes directly on the flex watt. You should have enough cord on your probe to run it without drilling. It will be fine on one of the center two shelves. It doesn't have to be just one certain way.

Comment

How about some pics of this killer ballroomrack!
                    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

I will post a pic.. I having trouble getting the temps up..

Comment

I didn't use the back hole for my probe (because i didn't know it should go there when I taped it in its current spot) I run it along the side of the #4 tub (mine has 5, so its the 2nd from the top like jvarner also does) about 1/2 inch from the flex. On my therm I set it to 82 and I get 87-90 in the hot (depending which tub), 79-82 in the cool (I don't use my rack for boas, so I know my temps may seem a little lower and this is why).

Back to on the flex -- when I put it there I had to have my thermo REALLY HIGH for it to get in to the 88-92s and I just didn't like that (cos the flex would hit way higher than the actual tub does).

I'm unsure how others didn't run in to that problem (it was a super big problem on my no-rack but think this was from RHPS on top of flex) -- or maybe they did and just adjust the thermo to correct the higher readout from the flex (like I set mine lower but the temps produced are a bit higher).

I wouldn't drill in to any part of it unless some wire bug you or something but because the heat is higher the farther up you stack (heat rises) I would definitly put the probe on one of the upper tubs

Comment

Ok.. These are my temps- 90 hot spot on my top tank. 96 hot spot on the bottom tank.. I dont know what going on but shouldnt the top tank be the warmest? 96 is a little warm

Comment

Ok.. These are my temps- 90 hot spot on my top tank. 96 hot spot on the bottom tank.. I dont know what going on but shouldnt the top tank be the warmest? 96 is a little warm
                            Yes that is too hot, set your thermostat probe directly on the flexwatt, then set it at 92-93. Then measure your temps in the drawers.

Comment

Originally posted by jvarner View Post
                              Yes that is too hot, set your thermostat probe directly on the flexwatt, then set it at 92-93. Then measure your temps in the drawers.
                              Thats exactly what its at and what Im doing..

Comment

Working...
                              X