This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animal plasics inc.?

I was just wondering if anyone has seen or used any of the cages from Animal Plastics Inc.? The prices don't look to bad. I was just wondering if the quality was ok. www.wantapet.com

My pet store just started carrying Reptile Lizard Litter by ESU. The package says that it's derived from the kenef plant and contains no bark or wood. I was wondering if this would be safe to use with my red tail boa?

thanks for your help,
    Jim

Re:animal plasics inc.?

I'm not sure how big your pet store is, or even how many reptiles you plan on housing, but I'll tell you what I prefer to use for my RTB's. In MY opinion and experience, I love the indoor/outdoor carpet. I keep two pieces for every cage I have, that way if one gets soiled/dirty, I can just take it out and replace it right away. Then I can clean the dirty one and let it dry with plenty of time left before the other one gets soiled/dirty. To me it is more cost effective because I don't have to buy new substrate all the time for the rest of my boas life! It's also fairly easy to clean.

I'm sure you'll hear many opinions on what substrate to use, this one is just mine! As for your question to the Reptile Lizard Litter, I can't help you much there. I've never used or even heard of it - sorry! I wish you the best of luck.

Jeff

Comment

I took a look at those cages. They don't look too bad. They kind of appear to be like a less expensive version of boaphile plastics. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like they got their design from. But they don't look too bad. If you get one, let us know how they work.

Comment

They seem to resemble the Boaphiles a great deal. Personally, I do not like the doors and the screen options. I've never heard of them nor have I heard of anyone that has used or bought one of them. That pretty much said, it seems that they have yet to prove their cages and quality. I would go with Boaphiles if I were you.

Comment

There is only one way to find out what they are like and that is to buy one.
          They look decent, but a website and some small pics can do a lot for a lousy product.

I like the snakehut modular cages... I have two and so far they are great. Even less expensive than the cages you asked about. Another option is precisioncaging.com.

Comment

Hi tattoo72,

I think I know the cages you are talking about. If I am thinking correctly, they used to be USA plastics. Do you have a link to their site, or someone that carries the line?

Steve

Comment

8) I dont think they look to bad, i like the marble swirl one in black.. As for bedding i use a indoor outdoor type carpet that is more like a real carpet, its pretty cheap and i have several peices that i use for when cleaning. It washes out easy and like Jeff said wash one and use another till its soiled, then put the clean one in and so forth.. Saves alot of money on buying bedding all the time..

This is the one i liked..

Comment

i personally stick to newspaper as a substrate so i don't have to worry about mites and other bugs that come prepackaged with the substrate purchased at the pet store. my rtb loves it she gets under the paper.
                that is just my opinion though. ;D

ANTHRAX

Comment

Working...
                X