This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing

I have a 3 1/2 redtail coming soon,a friend gave me a 55gal tank to use(48inL x 13w).I was wondering is that
    going to be enough space for her?For aleast 4 months or so?I plan on getting one of those boaphile plastic by then.Funds are alittle tight to get it now :
    Also since i brought the exo terra heatwave vivrium unheater 11" x 17" for the 55gal tank,can i use this type for the boaphile plastic?
    Thanks
    Corey

Re:Housing

Hello CoreyFL,

Welcome to the forums..

That size tank will be fine for her for the 4 months. The biggest problems with glass type tanks it trying to maintain the heat and humidity properly..

As far as the heater being used for a Boaphite cage. To be honest I am not sure. Maybe someone who has one could answer that better. I know they can come with flexiwatt installed. I would assume that as long as that type of heater doesn't get too hot, you should be OK..

Steve

Comment

I have one boaphile right now and the other one is in the maile. I would recomend getting the boaphile with the heat already installed.

I know that if your UTH gets to hot it will cause the cage to warp.

TAT

Comment

I kind figured it would warp or melt with higher heat, makes sence it is plastic. Since Imake my own wood cages and use a few glass ones, I didn't want to sopund like I was putting down the other ones...

Steve

Comment

Great thanks for the info
          the boaphile with the heat already installed how long do they last ,a year or so? or would i have to buy another replacment for it.and install it myself.

Comment

Hi coreyFL,

I am 99% sure that he uses Flexiwatt in the cages. I don't remember how long Flexiwatt is good for. I have been told some people have gotten 5 years or more out of the, I personally change mine every year to two years. Just to be safe, and since it is really cheap, not a big deal..

Hope that helps.
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X