This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealant for cage

Im building a 4x2x2 plywood cage for my boa .I'm lost at what exact stain sealant for the inside..?My friend said
    polyurethane would be fine.IS IT???If so what about the fumes...in the 80o-90o temps?After it drys?So I would like to know exactly what to use,so i dont come home to my guy laying belly UP . Also whatever sealant i use HOw long should it air air before putting my snake in it?
    THANKS

Re:Sealant for cage

Hi Corey,

I suggest you use a water base stain and use Polycrilic.. Use the brush on one, and put several coats on. Let dry real good in between coats.. And let air for atleast week before your snakes goes in it..

Hope that helps.
    Steve

Comment

A water based stain as Steve mentioned would be best. You can use either Polycrylic or Polyurethane, both will work fine. I prefer Polycrylic as it gives out less vapors and dries faster. I would apply a minimum of four coats. I prefer to let it air out for at least two weeks.

Comment

THANKS

Comment

i used thompsons water seal in mine and it seems to work really well!!! i let it air out for a month though put 6 coats on it and it handles water fine when my snake soaks and then slithers around the cage haven't seen any water marks yet and she has been in there for about 3 weeks now!!!

Comment

Working...
          X