This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating Pad

What other heat source could i use for under my wood cage?..Besides...Flexwatt Heat Tape...I've read the how-to-hookup,still dont look like something i'd trust myself to do.
    My using a 110v Terra Heatwave 11"x17" under it now
    however after reading its says NOT FOR WOOD >
    temps seem fine tho...where the pad is 89-90
    and 82-84 on the cool side.So is dangerous for the wood cage or do i need something esle? If so what??

Re:Heating Pad

iam w/ you on the flexwatt heat tape.the only uth that i could come across that you could use for wood is the T-rex corba heat mats there any where from 18-38 bucks at petco.but you should always shop around for better deals.
    http://www.petco.com/Productlisting....p;Dept_ID=2546
    iam not sure is this is the same type of UTH you got.
    but if your UTH says not for wood then its not a good idea to use it.may cause a fire,may cause it to over heat and run away,or cause warping.i use a glass tank so iam hoping that some 1 w/ a wood cage can offer more/ or better ideas then me. hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for info
      After reading link page on T-Rex Cobra it seems to be the best choice for my (unknown electrical experience : ) only thing i don't like is placing it inside the cage,but they say it's ok as long as there's enough substrate coverings.So i'll try that.
      Thanks

Comment

might want to look at placing carboard or something over the heater if your going to use inside cage heater. so your snake dont get burned or lay on it and boil. also if your using like bark substrate or something like that just make sure you got enuff to cover the cardboard and make sure you use some kind of thermometer and thermostat and watch your temps if your using a inside tank heater.placing something like bark over the cardboard helps maintain the heat,humd,plus it makes your cage look better.hope this helps more.and keep us updated.

Comment

The only type of heating pad I would recommend using inside of the enclosure would be a human heat pad set on low. This is strictly for belly heat rather than the ambient temperature. If you are looking for a different source for providing ambient heat, I would go with a heat panel, ceramic heat emitter, or heat tape. Heat tape should be placed outside of the enclosure, it will heat through the wood. However, if you do not have a constant room temperature, this option would be useless during the winter months.

Comment

oooh didnt even think about a human 1..makes sence to use that 1 since you can control the heat better.

Comment

I like the human temp pad idea also,sounds like good idea.However i went to two drug stores both have same types of heating pads 1 says HEAT PAD ...2 says Moist Heating Pad .....3 is the COMBO...
              I'd assume i'd want the heat one ,correct?Or would the combo be better seeing that it's made for getting wet.as in me misting the cage down or water bowl spilling over.
              Oh and XzyluM.... i'm in Ft lauderdale,Fl So my "winters months" ARE SLIM AND NONE Right now temps at 88..and 65humidity....If i trusted the little sucker i'd open my windows and let him roam in my room ;D
              And it's only gonna get worsts Summer is truly here.
              But thanks for all the info

Comment

All you a re looking for is a basic heating pad. Keep in mind, you want to place it under the substrate and not above.

Comment

Working...
                X