This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosure

Hey all. I have my red tail in a 75 gallon tank right now. I just wanted to get some ideas on what everyone had there snakes in and how you heat them and keep them humid. So please if you have pics postem so I can get some ideas for when I have to build! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Paul

Re:Enclosure

hey there joker welcome to the forums first!!!! ;D i have my rtb in a 4x2x2 enclosure i heat it with a 17'' radiant heat panel and i also have 2' of heat tape underneath the cage also a basking light for the day time it stays around 85 on the hot side and 73-75 on the cool side. the humidity is always around 65% to keep the humidity in the cage i have one of those waterfalls in the cage that is always on that helps the humidity in the cage. hope this helps i will get pictures of the cage and post them some time soon!!! AGAIN WELCOME TO THE FORUMS AND MAY U LEARN ALOT CUZ I SURE HAVE.

Comment

Currently I am using custom quality oak enclosures. To maintain the temperatures, I use radiant heat panels and regular human heat pads set on low for belly heat. I prefer cypress mulch as substrate and it holds the humidity perfect. Currently, I'm waiting on my new camera and will have pictures soon. If you have any questions, feel free to post away.

Comment

[quote author=XzyluM link=board=9;threadid=2510;start=msg16141#msg16141 date=1055899064]
        Currently I am using custom quality oak enclosures. To maintain the temperatures, I use radiant heat panels and regular human heat pads set on low for belly heat. I prefer cypress mulch as substrate and it holds the humidity perfect. Currently, I'm waiting on my new camera and will have pictures soon. If you have any questions, feel free to post away.
        [/quote]

Hey dude If you build cages from wood how do you keep it from warping from the humidity? Also I was looking through the boaphile site and they had like a corner model thats in a v shape. Just wondering what would be better one on those or a square shaped caged. BTW I was onesweetguy on here I just switched names. Thanks!!

Comment

All wood cages must be sealed. A minimum of four coats of polyurethane or polycrylic can be used to seal the wood. I use aquarium sealant to seal all the corners. The rectangle one would be best. If memory serves me correct, the "v" shaped ones are basically used for connected two of the four foot cages.

Comment

[quote author=XzyluM link=board=9;threadid=2510;start=msg16191#msg16191 date=1055911588]
            All wood cages must be sealed. A minimum of four coats of polyurethane or polycrylic can be used to seal the wood. I use aquarium sealant to seal all the corners. The rectangle one would be best. If memory serves me correct, the "v" shaped ones are basically used for connected two of the four foot cages.
            [/quote]

Ok thanks. The v shape is pretty cool looking though.

Comment

Working...
            X