• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new cage

I’m undecided
    What kind of cage should I get?
    I would like to have a cage where I can showoff my snake
    But the more I search the forums the majority of the post leans to boaphile plastic these cages are ok but in my opinion they are not eye catching..
    Apart from building my own (Witch I wont Do) what are the pros and cons from a
    Pre made cage like the ones from “boaphile plastic” and a large fish tank. What are you’re recommendations…

Thanks in Advance
    Namor

Re: Need a new cage

Search through the forums . Many will tell you that aquariums lose humidity. I learned that myself.
    I have an old Neodesha now but will be converting to animal plastic soon.
    Search around here. You will get some good ideas.

Comment

Boaphile Plastics cages are some of the best you can get....boa just love them too!

Comment

What kind of snake is it?
        "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

female... redtail boa

Comment

Very nice. You could use a 40 gallon breeder for about the first year. I keep a couple of my snakes in Critter Cages (http://www.all-glass.com/products/ca...tercage.shtml). People say you can't keep the humidity up in aquariums, but I've never had a problem. All I did was cover the lid with a piece of Reflectix (http://www.mgreptiles.com/REFLECTIX.html), it keeps in both heat and humidity. And heating isn't a problem with flexwatt and a good t-stat. That would give you at least a year in which to decide on something bigger.

The two main drawbacks to using glass are 1) they're heavy and therefore somewhat hard to clean 2) they open at the top and sometimes reaching in from above will freak your snake out because for baby boas, predators come from above.
            "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

You could also try a Cages by Design cage. They are a little expensive, but you can custom build to your own specifications, and the sides can be see-through plastic.

http://cagesbydesign.com/

They have sliding doors on the front and hold humidity well.

Comment

Thanks a lot… for the replies
                …Over All ... I’m better-off with the Boaphileplastic…..
                I’m going to get the 421D …

Comment

Hey Namor........

You could make a plexi glass lid for a tank and it will hold heat and humidity better. You are making a great choice if you go with the 421d!!
                  Btw...check your pm inbox!!

Take care!!

Comment

Working...
                  X