X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you buy heat panels?

Where can you buy heat panels online?

Re:Where can you buy heat panels?

I found mine, (well, I'm getting ready to order it) at Big apple herp. Here's a link directly to the RHP's

http://www.bigappleherp.com/Reptile_...ls_118100.html

Comment

Hey Guys,

May want to hold that order off.. I did alot of research on the best RHP out there. And I found that Helix has some killer panels that seem to hold up and are safer then the rest... Check this link out...

http://helixcontrols.com/pricelist.htm

The desert rays are cheaper, but to me, they don't look any different from the cobra UTH.. Just give you guys some extra options..

Steve

Comment

Too bad they'r like $100 more expensive. If you're like myself and need to save a little bit of money, the desert rays are the way to go.

Comment

Evil,

Have you used the Desert rays yet?

I only ask becasue on some forum I was reading where someone complained the panel on full after 2 weeks burnt the wood.. Just what was written.. So I was wondering..

Steve

Comment

i have been using desert ray for a couple of months now and my wood isn't burned i also have a thermostat on them as well. but no burnt wood ..

LEE

Comment

Hey Lee,

How do you find they work, do they radiate heat well? Do they stay warm but not super hot to your touch?

Heck like Evil, money is super tight.. Just don't want something that is gonna burn the house down..

Steve

Comment

Steve,

No, I haven't use the heat panels yet. I haven't bought them yet. I know, other than Lee, there was a couple other people on here that have used the Desert Ray panels. Have you found that the CHE's work better than the RHP's?

Comment

Hey Evil,

The main difference with RHP and CHE's are the heat panels are supposed to radiate the heat down without getting hot enough to burn. The CHE's get crazy hot. I have gotten a few nice burns from CHE's.. I ordered the largest Destert Ray RHP from Big Apple herp. It will be here tomorrow. So I will make sure to post an update as soon as I get it up and running..

Steve

Comment

Kool, thanks steve. I look forward to the update.

Comment

The RHP and a few other things did arrive today.. I would still swear that its nothing more then laminated heat tape.. I will give it a shot. I have to cut the end of the cord off first to run the wire.. Should have it up tonight..

Steve

Comment

Hey Evil,

Well The Desert Ray heat panel was installed in my newest wooden cage.. So far I am not sure impressed with its ability to radiate the heat down. Its only been running for about an hour The hot isde is only at 81.4 The outside top temp is 88.2 at this min.. Guess I will know a little better by tomorrow. I will say it got hot to the touch within about 15 mins. Thats faster then my Cobra heat mats.. After all the work of cutting and splicing the wires, taping the mat up, I really want it to work.

I will update if I notice any changes..
                        Steve

Comment

Hey Guys,

Figured I would give an update on how the new RHP is working out.. I have it in my 4x2x2 cage I made. Well to my disappoinment, it only maintained the ambiant air of the hot side to a mere 77.9.. So I am not happy with it. It does make the outside top 89 degrees alot of good that does me.. I should mention that besides the RHP I am running 2 foot Cobra UTH and that makes the floor temp 90..

So all in all, I wasted 40 bucks..

Sorry
                          Steve

Comment

Well, despite Steve's experiences, I have nothing but good things to say about the Desert Rays. I use three, all in 4x2x2 enclosures and they work really well. For the $40 I think it's a steal.

Comment

Hey Xzylum,

Wish I had the same results.. Now what type and size cage are you using? What is the average temp of your house, what other heat are you using in the cage.. May be very relivent to why you are getting higher heat them me..

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X