This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background

Has anyone used a fish tank background on the inside of your enclosure. (the slick paper kind, feels like slick photo paper)If so I was wondering what I could use to glue to the inside of my new cage. I'm not sure what will stick to that paper and the wood. Any help would be great 8)

Re:background

Hot glue gun probably.............

**Beth**

Comment

Beth is right and as well u could use Elmers Spray Glue which u can pick up at ur local hobby lobby or hobby shop works really well. i would advise if u use the spray glue to leave the snakes out of the cage for around 2 hours to let it dry and set.
      hope this helps.

LEE

Comment

My opinion, hot glue gun cuz you can get the glue that's non-toxic but I don't know how long it would last. Now the spray glue is some crazy stuff, it'll hold for a long, LONG time but like lee said, you should probably keep the boa out for AT LEAST 2-3 hours cuz the fumes are also toxic. When it dires it will be alright then, the fumes would evaporate by then. Hope this helped. 8)

Comment

I've seen a lot of people use the fish tank backgrounds in their tanks. I think it looks pretty nice, if you can get one large enough for your tank. As far as sticking it to the tank, I would have to agree with what most everyone said, use Hot Glue, it dries much faster and is non-toxic.

Comment

The reason why i say spray glue is better is cuz of the fact u won't have the bumps in the paper like u will have with the hot glue. I don't know about you but i like it nice and smooth looks better. Maybe it is just me but seriously how much would it take to spray the glue while having the snake out for an extra hour of play time than usual???? Just my opinion.. ;D

LEE

Comment

Yeah, smooth is good. But be warned, the spray glue is EXTREMELY flamable!!!! Even when dry. I had a friend once that used that in his car, to glue up some apolstry to the roof of it. Two months later, he was rubbing his hand trough it hair with a lit cigarrette and lost his Cherry on the roof. A minute later, his entire car was engulfed in Flames. It was kind of kool though. The entire time his car was on Fire, he has White Zombie blarring!!! What a site. But anyways, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to take that chance with my Boa being in the cage and not being able to escape.

Comment

I havn't found backgroung big enough for my cage but I want to do it when I find some!

**Beth**

Comment

Putting those plastic pics inside is not the best idea. It just creates a place that is imposssible to keep clean, plus if you ever get mits you are gonna have to tear it off which will make a big mess.. If you want a backgraound, get yourself some laytex paint and paint it on the outside that what I did with 90% of my glass tanks, or if its a cage with wood, you can paint it as well, just use polyacrilc to seal that paint in once it is cured..

Hope that helps..
                  Steve

Comment

Just to show you what the glass painted looks like, kind of..

Steve

Comment

Good idea Steve............. Didn't think of that........

**Beth**

Comment

The only problem you might encounter with hot glue is that if it's going on the inside of the tank, the humidity will get between the glue and the wood/glass/wall/whatever and will slowly loosen it until it completly falls off, leaving you exactly where you started

Best of luck,
                        Crystal

Comment

Well we were talking about hot glue with the wood backing of the enclosure, I believe. I agree it wouldn't work well with glass............

**Beth**

Comment

I have thought about putting a background on mine, but I wouldn't be putting the background inside the enclosure I would put it on the outside of the enclosure and just use regular scotch tape.

Comment

Working...
                            X