This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of enclosure in progress.

Well, liked i promised, here are a few pics of the new enclosure I'm currently building. It's not 100% finished but its pretty much about 85%. I gotta complete the doors and locks, stain the outside and wood fill over the screws if I wanna get that precise but so far I'm happy with the overall design. Here is a pic of the basic supplys needed minus the locks, hindges, plexiglass and framing for the plexigalss.

Re:Pics of enclosure in progress.

Here's one of the front.........not finished with the outside though. Still got sanding and staining to do. LOL

Comment

Here's one of the top. Not everyone would do this but notice i've cut a space out in the top for a flourescent to sit in. The cut-out is long enough to fit the fixture but i cut it narrower so that the fixture will rest on the top of the enclosure by the edges of the fixture. Pretty sweet. LOL.

Comment

I'll post more pics as the enclosure comes along. So what do yall think? ;D 8)

Comment

Looks real good Jay..

Just a suggestion, sides will help keep the snake from leaving..LOL>... J/K.. Real nice job..

Steve

Comment

Yea, kinda forgot about that steve. LOL Got it covered bro. LOL Since I'm not that good at framing and turning that into a door, I decided to make the sides locking doors. Either she'll be on one side or the other. LOL Like I said, it currently not finished but I will post pics as it comes together into one bad azz enclosure. Not bad for my first. LOL

Comment

lol Sclark,

Very nice cage Jay, better than I could ever do. I like the cut out for the light. How big is it?

ps. I see you are using Polycrylic, very good, that suff is great!

Comment

Hey Jay tell the truth, when I mentioned it you say OPPS, and went and made sides..LOL...hahahah

Side doors.. That may be hard to get the snake out unless you have some real long arms.. Should have called me, I would have taken close ups on what I did.. It was real simple.. Just took an Birch 2x4, cut it down, routed a channel out for the acrilic and ppof.. Some wood glue, 4 short dowels, and it was ready to seal and coat... Anytime I can help, just call..

Steve

Comment

Man, between Steve and Jay, I'm getting some pretty good ideas. Good looking cage, Jay. Steve, I'm thinking of a similar door to what you've done, but with plexiglass. I'm thinking that would make it easy to just screw onto the back of the door frame as opposed to routing (I don't have access to a router). Haven't started yet, but I'm brainstorming.

Comment

Looks great Jay. Good job. Mary Jane is gonna love it. Her own little Boa Mansion. LOL

**Beth**

Comment

Yea steve, i figure she will be on either side most of the time and if not it still wouldn't be a prob. LOL Something different ya know.

tofu, i don't think screwing it to the back of the frame would be a good idea unless you have plenty of frame over the plexiglass to keep it's sturdyness. Like maybe at the least 3/4 of the frame would have to overlap the plexiglass to keep its sturdyness. Steve routing out a place for the plexiglass was a great idea. His door will be sturdy enough for such an event happening. That was my problem, I didn't have access to a router so I improvised. this is just an opinion, other opinions could probably shed light on that subject. Its always good to have several opinions.

Thanks Beth and Welsh, yea, it's pretty huge. LOL I know she'll love it. I'm gonna try to set up the inside like her natural enviornment so she'll love it in there. Now when she gets alot bigger, some of that stuff might have to go but untill then, she'll be in boa heaven. ;D 8) LOL

Comment

looking really good jay sorry took so long to post lol

LEE

Comment

hey where is the new pics at jay???? i know u got something new done to it lol playing shady with the pics there huh i know u are hahahahahaha
                          j/k

LEE

Comment

*taps foot* I would like to see some new pics as well! hehehe

Virginia

Comment

Comming right up. I just got baack to work so it's hard to spend time on it but I got the brass hindges, brass locks, and brass screws for the window. Haven't stained the outside though. Thats a weekend thing since I'm back to work now. LOL I'll probably tackle that this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X