This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demensions of cage

I am planning to get a Columbian Red tail boa in about 8 or 9 months. I have gheard from someone on the internat that the length of the cage should be about 8 feet long fr an adult full-sized boa. And he didnt say how wide or how tall they should be. also i think that eight feet is pretty long but i dont maybe its normal. I was thinking about making my own cage but that seems like a lot of work and i have heard about boaphiles and then i was thinking about them and they look kinda expensve, and i dont like ordering off the internet so can someone tell me how much they are and where i can get them besides online if anywhere. and also can you tell me the correct demensions. thanks.

Reemensions of cage

believe me the boaphiles are worth the money and that is one business you can trust online jeff ronne it the owner of that site and is very trustworthy and very well known for his snakes and cages. they are a bit expensive but worth the money. they are not available in stores but he does have a number on his site you can call for any other info you need. some people have sent money orders instead of paying online.as for the dem. the standard size for a full grown boa is 4ft long 2ft high and 2 ft deep. you can go larger if you wish. my enclosure is 7ft long 2 ft deep and 3ft high. its all in how much time and money you have. so go with whats in your budget.

Comment

Reemensions of cage

It really depends on the type of rtb you are getting...
      I am gettting a second boaphile and attaching it to my other so my will be 8 feet plus a two foot by two foot corner section...
      It will be perty nice... Gona be my bottom level of all my cage system... I want to do the same for wisdom but that is down the line...
      ERic aka...Red

Comment

Reemensions of cage

Go to http://www.redtailboas.com/general_c...re.html#caging and scroll down 3/4 of the page to "what size should my cages be" It should answer the sizing question for you. You wont need to large of a cage initially so start saving the money now for the bigger ones, it all depends on what you want tho too. Like my cages, not only are they huge (48x48x24), but they are like a zoo exhibit, lol. My 1st cages were 48x24x24 and I got two with full set ups for 160.00, they were the glass type with the screen tops. I've seen the really long plastic ones 6-8 ft. but only 2 ft. high at my local rep store for 100.00. Dunno the brand name tho, I'll try to find it for ya......Scott

Comment

Reemensions of cage

Here is a store that is local to me, its where I get my supplies. Prices are more than I thought but it might be helpful

http://LLLreptile.com

If you see anything you like I will get it for you and ship it, you pay of course

Comment

Reemensions of cage

First off, welcome to the forums boa boy!!

There are many answers for the question of how big should my enclosure be and many people will give you different dementions. Likewise some people will lean more twards boaphile enclosures or Vision enclosures. The fact of the matter is how much money you have to work with and if you want to build an enclosure, how much time. On one hand you can pay a little more and get the biggest boaphile enclosure and that should be good for at least half her life. Many say that the enclosure only has to be 4'L x 3'D x 18"H but from my research and asking every zoologist and makeing many phone calls, the enclosure should should be at least half the length of a full grown adult. I recentally started on building my enclosure and this one should last the rest of her life. The enclosure size is 6'L x 2'D x 2'H. Here is a link to what it looks like.

http://forum.redtailboas.com/index.p...;threadid=3286

Surf the cages and enclosures forum, there is many way's to go with this but whatever way you go, let us know and we will be more than happy to help you set your enclosure up. Good luck and once again welcome to the forums. 8)

Comment

Reemensions of cage

[shadow=orange,left] Thanks. i have finally decided to get one from boaphiles but im still a litle weary on the internet thing, i like it face to face buying. but it'll be 4ftLx2ftWx1 1/2ftT, i couldnt find one taller without have to like make it special. but any ways, i was gunna get that and then after a while or whenever i get the money i will get add-ons, but about the add ons... how are they like? do u tell them how long/high/wide to make them or what i didnt really get that. and then i can add on as much as i want. its gunna be so cool when i get it,,, unfortunatley that wont be for like 8-10 months :'( :'(but i can live that long, ill just read up on them. [/shadow]

[move]Thank God for boaphiles, what would u do without them?[/move]

Comment

Reemensions of cage

Jay,

Your info is right, they suggest a cage that is half the snakes lenth .. Since most male BCIs are about 6 foot and most good size female BCI's are 8 foot,, 4 foot would be the proper min lenth.. Now those are the min.. I go by that, but if you can go bigger, thats good as well..

Steve

Comment

Reemensions of cage

Hey boa boy, if your gonna order a boaphile, you can get your enclosure with the expandable caging option so later you can add the same sixe enclosure your gonna buy to it to make it double the size. You can also order them with built in heating. I would recommens you get that if you order one. Hope this helped. Good luck!! 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X