indorr outdoor carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indorr outdoor carpet

Why would you not use indoor outdoor carpet in your cages? I would like to hear some pro's and cons please. I would think it would be easy if you had two pieces cut so when one is dirty, the new one can go right in and while the other is cleaned.

Just wondering.

Re: indorr outdoor carpet

Why mess with it when you can just throw newspaper away?
    "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

I think it looks nicer for one.

Comment

Pros: It looks okay
        Cons: It holds bacteria, gets dirty easy, expensive, hard to clean, hard to find for larger tanks.

Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by chaosboa View Post
          Pros: It looks okay
          Cons: It holds bacteria, gets dirty easy, expensive, hard to clean, hard to find for larger tanks.

Hmm...
          Not to mention that boas tend to go under it, not on it, so you're almost better off not putting anything in the cage.
          "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
            Not to mention that boas tend to go under it, not on it, so you're almost better off not putting anything in the cage.
            I just got off the phone with Jeff and I think it also insulate the heat. I might be pulling tha tout tonight.

Comment

I don't like it mainly because it fosters the growth of bacteria. I would rather just use newspaper even though it doesn't look the best. I'm not running a private reptile zoo, I just want my snakes to be as happy and healthy as possible. For me that's newspaper since aspen can be ingested during feeding and it's too easy for bacteria to grow on carpet. Just my .02, hope this helps.
              http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

if i wanted to use something that looks better than newspaper i would go with tile or vinyl flooring. its easier to clean and disinfect. plus i never new a snake that was any good with a vacuum cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                X