RTB males in tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTB males in tubs

hi, first post, im new to boas, not to reptiles, i currently onw 2 bps, 2 beardies, 1 corn, and a russian tort. i have did plenty of research but havn't found the right tub size, for full grown males, i have a couple rubber maid 75 gallons, will this work, or what the right quart size,
    thank you
    steven

Re: RTB males in tubs

How's it going Steven....How big is full grown and what locality or type of RTB

Comment

I use 64qt under bed tubs for all my males. I also keep my males around 5 feet. They could actually go in smaller tubs like a cb70 but I like them to have a little extra room.

Comment

um what kind of RTB, just a normal one, i want a male, since they tend to be smaller, also how do you keeep a snake 5 ft. do you feed less as they get bigger, i though that would just make an aggresive snake

Comment

If you plan on keeping him as a pet why stuf him away in a tub? Buy him a cage so he can enjoy some extra room. It may cost you a little more but the benefits for your snake are great. Cough up a little cash and get a boaphile, or save for a while for one. If he's just a baby now a sterilitetub will work fun but get him into something nice. Plus have you ever tried gettng a large adult boa into a tub if he is hell bent on staying outside the cage, good luck on that one! lol. a 421D from boaphile is just a tad over $200. throw under tank heater on it and $240, money well spent

Comment

Originally posted by Steven11788 View Post
            um what kind of RTB, just a normal one, i want a male, since they tend to be smaller, also how do you keeep a snake 5 ft. do you feed less as they get bigger, i though that would just make an aggresive snake
            I feed my adult males 1 medium rat every 3 to 4 weeks. They stay a good size and it does not make them aggressive. They do very well on a diet like this they just grow much more slowly and are much healthier breeders.

Comment

well money is no object space, is how big are the boaphile cages. also do columbian get the same size as normal RTB. just wondering chaosboa, are tubs, inhumaine, I usally have my snakes out a couple hours a day anyways, its not like he would be left in the tub

Comment

I agree with Chris. If you feed your boa appropriately it won't get gigantic. They won't be aggressive and they'll be healthier.

well money is no object space, is how big are the boaphile cages. also do columbian get the same size as normal RTB. just wondering chaosboa, are tubs, inhumaine, I usally have my snakes out a couple hours a day anyways, its not like he would be left in the tub
                A Colombian is a normal RTB. No, it's not inhumane in the least. Boas don't need huge open spaces to roam. They enjoy tight, dark, humid spots. As long as you have enough room for your snake to thermoregulate they will be perfectly happy in a tub.

Personally, I use a 41 QT sterilite tub for my males. I have no problem getting them back in there either.
                Last edited by DIRTY SHOOTER; 11-26-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

thanx, shooter, and as stated before i will keep him out a lot, going to use a UTH, with a thermastat. thank you again

Comment

thanx, shooter, and as stated before i will keep him out a lot, going to use a UTH, with a thermastat. thank you again
                    Sounds like you're good to go then!

BTW.... Welcome to RTB.com!! It's a great place to hang out and talk Boas!

Please post pics when get your new Boa. We love pics!!

Comment

the expo isn't till januray, but i like to get everything settle

Comment

Originally posted by chaosboa View Post
                        If you plan on keeping him as a pet why stuf him away in a tub? Buy him a cage so he can enjoy some extra room. It may cost you a little more but the benefits for your snake are great. Cough up a little cash and get a boaphile, or save for a while for one. If he's just a baby now a sterilitetub will work fun but get him into something nice. Plus have you ever tried gettng a large adult boa into a tub if he is hell bent on staying outside the cage, good luck on that one! lol. a 421D from boaphile is just a tad over $200. throw under tank heater on it and $240, money well spent
                        Im gonna have to disagree although boaphiles are nice and a much very comfortable envt there is no true fact that adult boas dont enjoy a tub... Think about it this way a tub is super easy to clean, lightweight, and movable. Dont get me wrong i think boaphiles are great but if your someone like myself who cant afford something pricey i would go with a tub... And also think about this if you are handling your snake on a regular basis you dont need room ablility it should get that when you have your boa out. I was in your shoes before and i was so close to getting a boaphile or ap rack cage but in the end i hold my boa regulary and on top of that it gets plenty of exercise hope this helped also welcome to the site lets see some pics!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X