Which Ranco T-stat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Ranco T-stat?

I am building melamine cages for my boa collection. There will be 6 cages, dimensions are 4x2x2. I will be using 11" 20W per foot flexwatt for belly heat. Which T-stat would you recommend? I will be wiring the flexwatt separately and plugging it all into a power strip. The power strip will be plugged into the T-stat. Thinking about using this one The Ranco ETC Store

Any input is appreciated.
    http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Re: Which Ranco T-stat?

Remember the one shown on the link is not prewired. They offer a prewired one but I don't believe it comes with a power strip attached. I would probably get one from The Boaphile or Reptile Basics unless you plan to wire it yourself. Then you just need to decide whether you want the standard or the double t-stat models. Basically with the double it has an extra t-stat so that if one malfunctions the temps won't get hotter than the settings set on the second one.

Comment

Wiring is very simple and you can get them pretty cheap at this store

just google "ranco etc-111000 wiring guide" and you'll get results for a few guides. Saves a lot of money if you ever need more than one.

Comment

Kind of an old thread, but I just finished wiring my Ranco up and the only thing I noticed that is not listed on any of the guides I found is that you really should use a connector of some type. Which can be seen Here. The connector attaches itself to the bottom of the Ranco unit and the cords go through it. Then you bolt the cords in place. This will allow you to secure your Ranco on the wall (or where ever you like) and not have to worry about the weight of the wires pulling themselves out.

Here's a crappy picture I took with my phone to give you an idea of what it looks like when finished. You can attach the connector the way I have here, or turn it around for a more aesthetically appeasing look. I personally just didn't want to rewire it again to do it (It's not the most pleasant thing to do with big fingers.)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ogre84; 02-25-2010, 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling.....

Comment

Working...
        X