BoaMaster.com ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoaMaster.com ???

Has anyone orderd a cage from here? Boa Master cage im looking at is 4'x36"14" vs the boaphile 4'x24"x12". Any comments on construction, shipping or anything would be usefull.

Re: BoaMaster.com ???

I have some of there melamine cages. If your looking at those I will give you my advice. They are rock solid construction, no stronger cage on the market except for maybe a molded cage. They are built with interlocks. All laser cnc routed and Mark is a great guy to work with. The freight on them is killer, but I got my cages at a show. You put them together but its very easy. They are never really sealed the best and they will leak over time. Plus they are very heavy, impossible to move by yourself. They hold heat and humidity the best of anything I have had, period. I find them to be ugly with plywood fronts.

Now if your getting on of his new PVC cages then I don't know much about them, but there are a few things. They will still be interlocking, I know he uses braces in the them to make sure they never sag. You usually get more for your money with Boamaster. I love that he will laser engrave the acrylic doors for me. Shipping a PVC would be much less than melamine. He goes to a lot of southern shows and also Hamburg PA if you want to pick up.

Let me know if you want any more details.

Comment

I remembered something else about the pvc boamaster. the locks suck, its an acrylic key system and it fails when you have big girls that can knock it out from the inside.

Comment

Try looking at these threads too.

Re: Boa Master? - clickity

Re: Boa Master setup- clickity

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Only pvc, I dont really want heavy cages. They look really nice on the sight plus a whole foot wider wich is really what my boa should have.

Comment

If you are looking at the price alone compared to a Boaphile then well it's about $9 cheaper than a 421D, but Jeff includes free shipping which should save you a great deal. From the looks I would say the Boaphiles are probably made better and you don't have to put them together yourself. They are also guaranteed not to leak.

If you are just looking to save money period than the Animal Plastics T8 cage which measures 48X24X12 are on sale for $150, but I would personally just spend the extra for the comfort of mind that you would get from a Boaphile, but that's just my opinion.

Also, the Reptile Basics cages are really nice. They probably would compare to the Boaphiles in quality and design, but at $30 more plus shipping I would still just go with a Boaphile.

Comment

I have Reptile Basics and Boamaster if you want some comparisons.

Comment

The boa master is actually a little more but its 36" W. Reptile Basics look just like the boaphile but $30 more? But how could you beat $150??? the doors are ugly but id get the sliding doors instead.

Comment

OK I just priced out the AP Plastics its pricey and you have to put it together. I got my Reptile Basics for $225 with heat at a show. What I like about the RBI cage is the heat is totally self contained and there are no probes inside the cage.

The AP which you need to seal yourself and assemble yourself I priced at $235. Not being heat bent and not being able to properly seal is a big problem for me.

Here is how it priced out:

$150 cage
                  $15 sliding glass lock
                  $25 Belly Heat
                  $45 S+H

$235 TOTAL

Mark is a great guy and if your getting more cage that is significant. The RBI cages are also very nice and I have been very pleased with mine and dealing with Rich on everything. I got a RBI cage damaged in the mail and instead of asking me to send it back he sent me a new one no charge. As you would expect right? Not really the key was he told me not to send the old one back. Most people I know would take it and glue it up and sell it at half price at a show to try and recoup their cost. Weld-On PVC glue creates a covalent bond between the two plastics its strong even on a crack...it chemically welds the pieces. I have some experience using it so for a $5.00 tube of glue I got a whole new cage. That is customer service if you ask me.

I have not owned Boaphile but would be more than happy to own one. I just like things to match and since I already went with RBI now everything matches. I will comment that one drawback with RBI is that things are not that expandable. With Boaphile, many cage components are designed to be expandable (optional) and stacking different components works as well. So if you get some coupes or a rack stack you could find things to fit within the 4X2 footprint.

Hope this all helps you make your decision.

Comment

Ok, boa master is $250 + $60 ship. 4'x36"x14" do you have to assemble and seal those your self? Or boaphile is $375 free ship. 5'x2"x17" and are sealed right.? RBIs 4 ft cage is actually 3'7" which is kinda small in my opinion but look nice. AP just looks like low quality but thicker cages $150 + $30 ship but Im not diggin the self assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY View Post
                      Ok, boa master is $250 + $60 ship. 4'x36"x14" do you have to assemble and seal those your self? Or boaphile is $375 free ship. 5'x2"x17" and are sealed right.? RBIs 4 ft cage is actually 3'7" which is kinda small in my opinion but look nice. AP just looks like low quality but thicker cages $150 + $30 ship but Im not diggin the self assembly.
                      Ok, I see now that you are looking at the 4ft Large cage. I may be wrong but don't you have to assemble the Boamaster cages yourself as well?
                      Also, how big of a boa are you going to put in it? I know Jeff Ronne has posted many pics of boa litters being born in his 421D's, so that should be enough room for a 6 foot breeding female with no problem.

Originally posted by nediver
                      What I like about the RBI cage is the heat is totally self contained and there are no probes inside the cage.
                      You shouldn't have a probe or heat tape inside a Boaphile or AP cage either. The heat and probe should be placed underneath the cage, if you are stacking them then it is between the cages. I know the older AP cages recommended heat cable and even with this there was plenty of room in the space under the cage to run the cable and the probe.

Comment

Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
                        You shouldn't have a probe or heat tape inside a Boaphile or AP cage either. The heat and probe should be placed underneath the cage, if you are stacking them then it is between the cages. I know the older AP cages recommended heat cable and even with this there was plenty of room in the space under the cage to run the cable and the probe.

So if it goes under the cage is there a risk that it could be scraped off if you slide the cage. Is it self contained or just taped on the bottom?

Comment

My large female RTB is 3yrs old and already 7ft and still growing steadily. The rest are just babies right now but I really dont know how big they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by nediver View Post
                            So if it goes under the cage is there a risk that it could be scraped off if you slide the cage. Is it self contained or just taped on the bottom?
                            You can tape the flexwatt to the bottom with foil tape, some people suggest just plain packing tape. You can sandwich the thermostat probe between the flexwatt and the tank to get a good reading and adjust according to actual internal temps.

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY
                            My large female RTB is 3yrs old and already 7ft and still growing steadily. The rest are just babies right now but I really dont know how big they will be.
                            Yeah I can see the need for a larger cage than a 421D, but if it is that large at 3 years you may need a 6 foot cage eventually if you don't slow her down some. I have an 8 foot female but she is much older. I got her as a rescue of sorts and I am not sure of her age but she is definitely getting along in the years and she is showing signs of it. Her sight is getting pretty bad along with other issues that give clues to her actual age. 7 feet at only 3 years is a bit large.

Comment

It seems as soon as she started eating rats she hit a growth spurt and has slowed down a little but I feed her a jumbo every 10-14 days. I do inject the rats with vitamins like I do for all my reptiles. I like the width with the boamasters so I think Ill get 2 of those. Im not 100% sure tho. Im to **** picky and indecisive.

Comment

Working...
                              X