Single Door or Double Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Door or Double Door

I have only ever owned double door enclosures. I wondered what other people prefer and why?

Single Door

Double Door
    Single Door
    66.67%
    Double Door (No Sliding)
    33.33%

Re: Single Door or Double Door

Single for nice tame snakes and good feeders.... double, slider doors for the aggressive ones, lol

Comment

No, Actually... I like the single doors that are hinged on the bottom... Just preference I guess. I am not sure that there are any really Major pros and cons.

Comment

I have double doors on mine. My snakes aren't aggressive, but if they were, it would offer some measure of safety. Having double doors adds to the sturdiness of the cage, too. Especially in really long cages. If I wanted to I could stand on my cages. In most cases It probably wouldn't matter but I end up putting big water jugs on mine for cleaning day. The extra stability in the center front means, that even with all the extra weight on top of the cage, it doesn't put any pressure on the doors.

It is mostly about preference though. Pick what you like.

Comment

I prefer single doors. It makes it easier for my big arms and hands to move about and I think it would be harder to get a good sized snake out of a double door with the middle support blocking it.

Comment

OMG...its tied. I am really undecided you all make such good points. I have double doors now and have never owned single.

Cage stability is important but most people say they never have sagging with single door.

I have never had a problem with getting a snake out of doubles, but thats just me.

Comment

I think the single doors look better (more viewing area) and are easy to half-crawl into for good cleaning or whatever is needed.

And unless you are getting an 8-footer for a retic or burm or something, a well-constructed cage shouldn't sag with a single door.

Just my humble opinions.

Good luck.

Comment

I have both single and double door enclosures . Single doors are easier to clean. Double doors are nice for retrieving a sassy Boa, and it doesn't let as much heat out when removing. I have my single doors at the bottom of each stack - those are the hardest for me to clean, so a single door helps . I'm neutral on preference.

Comment

Its definately a tough choice. I was going to build my 4x2x2 with a single door but the cost of Plexiglass made me change to a double door. One with the plexi and one solid. Kind of like the boaphiles that had a hide box on the end.

Comment

I love the single door due to seeing all BUT the idea of the double is nice just in case the snake is testy you might be able to pull one door and reach for the back end of the snake in stead of going in with no option but open to a strike. so although I am torn between the two I would just have to deal and go with the single. I ll be putting singles on a custom built stack with side doors.

Comment

Working...
                    X