where do I cut my heat tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do I cut my heat tape?

I just received my flexwatt heat tape and it says to cut on the dashed line that says cut here. I thought their is a blank space every foot that would have a dotted line but theirs not. Nowhere on the 16ft roll I have says anything about where to cut or a specific line. I will show pics in a bit. any help would be nice because I dont want to cut anywhere that might leave a live piece of tape exposed.

Re: where do I cut my heat tape?

How wide is it?? I think only the 11inch has to be cut on the line.

Comment

cut it in the blank spots in btwn runs. Do a search on this forum you should be able to find a guide. Clay posted something awhile back.

Comment

heres the tape
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok I got it figured out, your right only the 11" an 17" has a visible line and blank space the rest you cut in any of the clear spaces. Thanks guys I guess I need to do more research before posting a question like this. I'm just excited and in a hurry to wire my rack up.

Comment

Cut in the clear section. There will be exposed ends. You need a clip set to cover them.

Comment

Originally posted by HopingForBabies View Post
              Cut in the clear section. There will be exposed ends. You need a clip set to cover them.
              Yes - that.

And these attached files might be helpful.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X