Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boa terrarium with live plants (and lots of Greek columns)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boa terrarium with live plants (and lots of Greek columns)

Hi everybody, as promised I'm posting some pics of my terrariums. ^^ They're taking life away from me but they also make me very proud.
    This is Artemide's "temple" (lol), she was originally named Athena but her hunting skills are just amazing. Thermostat, water bowl, heated bricks, foam carpet for vibrations, heating lamp, thermometers, hygrometers, raining and fogging system. Fern, Venus flytrap, Saracen carnivorous plant, cactus skeleton, grapevine, random branch and a plant I don't remember the name of (maybe you can help). And columns, of course. And a statue too.

Attached Files

Re: Boa terrarium with live plants (and lots of Greek columns)

Very cool! What kind of cage are you using?

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

That looks great
      sigpicJrock23

Comment

Thanks! ^^ It's an Italian brand: Creas Production, I think it's the largest model, 35x15x21 inches. It's quite big for a baby like her, I wanted it to last at least a couple of years. She took some time to sit comfortably in it, she's starting to use it all just now after a month of hand by hand (?) exploring: every time I put her in I do it in a different place. It's so big I bought another baby... but they got too nervous together and I'm now building a diy one, even bigger of course XD (the sister is a little older). I already moved her but I still have to finish it, unfortunately I'm sick since last night and I can't go out and take the last materials.
        Wise choice, I spent like the half to get a double size! I'm preparing it with a desertic zone with sand and succulent plants on a side and a rainforest habitat with carnivorous plants and a wonderful Orchid (I fear it won't last long... like the venus flytrap. But it's really worth a try, it's just awesome.) probably with some elevated spots as it's really tall:41x23x51. It looks more like an enclosure for chameleons but no problem, I like the idea of a climbing plant.
        The more toys I can stuff in it, the happier I am. ^^ I have to thank the babies for the gardening passion, I didn't know about it before, 2 hobbies at the price of 1... that's cool. \m/

Comment

Working...
        X