Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHP vs. flexwatt for pvc caging

Hello guys!
    Been working on doing my taxes and think that I might be getting a pvc cage for my male BCA with part of the refund. I'm looking at getting a 4' x 2' x 18" or 15" tall (I'd prefer the 18" tall cage) with a shelf or climbing perches and sliding doors with a good lock.

What I'm having a hard time deciding is whether I should go with a RHP or flexwatt. My reptile room is heated to 78f, so I'm not sure which would be the better option or if I need to have both? If an RHP would be better, what wattage would I need?

If you guys have any insight or experiences, please feel free to share.

BTW, if it matters, I am looking at either a cserpents, proline, or AP cage.
    Thanks for your time!

Re: RHP vs. flexwatt for pvc caging

If your room is 78 a uth should be enough.

Comment

I love RHP's, but if your room temps are 78 year round then flex watt or a heat mat should be plenty.

Comment

All you need is a UTH. Whether its an Ultratherm mat or flexwatt is a matter of personal preference. I use flexwatt for all my cages and racks. Just make sure you get a good thermostat also.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Flexwatt would work just fine, just going to second tsblair on getting a decent thermostat!

Comment

Thanks guys! I have a herpstat 4, so will be using one channel for this cage. The room seems to hold pretty consistent at 77-78 during the winter (when I run a heater on a thermostat). It is a bit warmer during the summer (I live in GA) it gets to about 81 then.

Comment

Sounds like you are all set... and that's good news because the RHPs aren't cheap!

Comment

That's great new, but if room temperature is good you may just need a UTH instead.
                sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
                X