Upgrade exclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade exclosure

Hey guys, my coral albino female is ready for a new cage. Current enclosure is 48" x 18" x 18" I'm going to build a new one to go above my savannah monitor cage which has a footprint of 60" x 36". I'm trying to figure out the lightest construction, I'm thinking 3/8 ply with plexi windows. Any ideas are appreciated. Also, neither cages are permanent, final cages will be 8'x4'

Re: Upgrade exclosure

I guess you have a big project you have to do. I'm not sure about the lighting construction but i hope someone can help you out on that. If you you don't mine me asking, what kinda of material are you using for the cage?
    sigpicJrock23

Comment

Being it's going on top of another cage with full length sliding go glass doors, I want the least amount of weight sitting on top. Instead of melamine, I'm thinking reg grade plywood, pine, then sealed several times with polyurethane. I wanted to stay away from framing as that would add weight, I'm just not sure how sturdy it would be without it. If I absolutely needed to frame, I'd go with the smallest lumber ie. 2x1", 1x1"

Comment

Did you want to frame.

Comment

I was hoping I don't have to... But if need be I would use the least amount of wood to do so, the monitor cage is way overbuilt, just want to be careful over the sliding glass doors.

Comment

I would use XPVC or some plastic. Its the lightest stuff you can get.

Comment

Xpvc is pretty expensive, would HDPE work?

Comment

Working...
              X