My new Boa setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Boa setup

Having never owned a Boa till a week ago, just thought i'd check to make sure my set up was all alright. He's a year old CA Dwarf, a little over 2 foot.
    The viv is a Vivexotic 21x18x16"
    I was using a heat mat with the probe on top of the bedding, but the temps were all over the place and ambient was terrible! So i bought a Habistat radiant heat panel thingamabob. Bit on the pricy side, but people seem to rave about them online and i love how hidden they are! It's holding pretty solid at 29-30c, and 24-25c on he cool end. I might put a vent on the cool end to drop that down a little.
    It's being controlled by a matstat, but i think swapping that for a pulsed thermostat would be better. It's
    I don't have anything to measure the humidity with, but i give it a spray once a day.

So yeah, any comments or problems??

Attached Files

Re: My new Boa setup

Hey TJ, nice looking setup!

I like those branches so he can get some good excercise.

The only problem with winging it on the humidity without a hygrometer and misting is that it is not consistent. Right now I can do a real heavy mist and within 1-2 hrs the humidity will drop 20-30%. So did that one mist really do much good? Who knows?

For less than $15 US you can get a decent digital combo Thermometer/Hygrometer. Or for less than $10 you get a decent analog cigar humidor hygrometer off EBay.

You really need to get a Hygrometer.

Also I noticed the wood paneling. Keep an eye out for mold in the Seams and edges down the road.

Best

Comment

Re: My new Boa setup

That's a nice looking setup
      sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
      X