Animal Plastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Plastics?

At some point I'd like to replace my ProLine Cage stack. It's been a good cage over the years but I've moved several times and it didn't survive the last move that well, lol. I'm thinking about trying out Animal Plastics, specifically I'm looking at getting a mix of T3/T5 cages. I'm torn about the sliding doors vs swing doors, leaning towards sliding just because then you don't have to worry about having space for the swing doors (snaketown is crowded, lol) but I've never had sliding doors before. Also how difficult are they to assemble? I'm assuming heat isn't included, how difficult is it to install your own heat tape? Also if anyone has any pictures of their AP cages that would be appreciated : )
    “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
    www.outworldreptiles.com

Re: Animal Plastics?

I had actually just posted pictures of my cage. http://www.redtailboas.com/f22/lets-...68/#post728639
    If you want me to try to take better pictures, let me know. I'm at work now so it will be many hours before I can get to that.
    I don't know how big the T3 and T5 are. Aren't they small cages? What is going in them?
    My T8 was very easy to put together. I put it up and took it down several times (alone with a screwdriver) prepping space for Buddy and it seems to be holding up pretty well. Also no stains in it at all. The one I had had lines in the bottom for recommended heat tape placement as well as grooves for thermostat probe placement. I like their customer service.

Comment

Yeah they're the 3x2 cages, the T3 is 12" tall and the T5 is 24" tall. I already have a stack of boaphiles that are 4ft. At some point I'll need to get larger cages but I don't have space at the moment. I have several snakes in my collection though that 3x2 is sufficient : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

I like my AP cages and I've always had outstanding customer service from them. They assemble very easily. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the sliding door with the center post. It can make cleaning a bit of a pain; although, now I just take the glass out. It makes cleaning easier and then I can wipe the inside of the glass right away too so they look nicer. Overall I'm very happy with them. I'm putting in a late night at the office; perhaps tomorrow night I can post a few pics.

Comment

I don't have any AP cages, but I have a couple of racks from them, and the quality of the product and their customer service are top notch. Just keep in mind that their lead times can be crazy long.

Sliding doors are great for space, but the downsides are 1) you can only access one half of the cage at a time, which might not be ideal, and 2) Junk can get caught up in the tracks, which would be no fun to clean.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by natieb View Post
            I don't have any AP cages, but I have a couple of racks from them, and the quality of the product and their customer service are top notch. Just keep in mind that their lead times can be crazy long.

Sliding doors are great for space, but the downsides are 1) you can only access one half of the cage at a time, which might not be ideal, and 2) Junk can get caught up in the tracks, which would be no fun to clean.
            I figure their wait time can't be any longer than Boaphiles so I've accepted I'll have to wait no matter who I order from, lol. Those two downsides are exactly what I'm concerned about. I'm not sure how difficult it is to remove the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Removing the sliding doors are easy. I do it every cleaning to wipe off finger prints with water. Just lift them a quarter inch and angle the bottom to you and they come right out.

Comment

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
                Removing the sliding doors are easy. I do it every cleaning to wipe off finger prints with water. Just lift them a quarter inch and angle the bottom to you and they come right out.
                Yes. And I use a Q-tip to clean out the door guides.

Comment

Working...
                X