This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Cages Feedback, Please

I have a chance to pick up 2 Vision Cages model V432 (54"W36"DX18&quot real cheap ,less than 500 bucks!

Can anyone tell me the best way to heat them?And how do they do with keeping humidity?

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Vision Cages Feedback, Please

They are great enclosures. They have too much ventilation, but that is easily fixed by taping over the vents to reduce ventilation and hold humidity. They hold humidity rather well once that is done, especially with the right substrate. They are built to heat with heat lamps, but flexwatt can be used from outside the enclosure with a thermostat, although it takes a while to get to a proper temp and maintain it. I highly suggest only using a proportional thermostat if you were to use flexwatt on it.

Anyway, good luck with them. That is a pretty good price for 2 v432's.

Comment

Can you still use flexwatt tape if you stack them? Or do you just use the overhead heat lights?
      I just wanna know all I can before I get them.
      By the way these are new cages for that price , too!

Later on,
      Dan

Comment

Man you can't go wrong for that price...
        Eric aka....Red

Comment

Heat tape can be used if done properly. Keep in mind all the safety requirements for the stuff. I currently don't have any stacked but if I was going to I would just build more supports to go under each one as I have for the one in the picture below. Just used a piece of plywood or mdf and tacked 2"x2"s to it to hold the heat tape in place on the hot side. It keeps the weight supported evenly to prevent bowing plus I don't have to move the heat or anything if I need to move the enclosure. Just an idea for you. You could also build a rack to hold them which would probably be better.

This is a V632 btw.

Comment

A friend of mine has some.
            I have had a chance to examine them.
            And they seem to be good

Comment

Yeah guys , I thought that was an awesome price , too . I was just wondering , the best way to set up the heat in them .
              I should be getting them in a couple weeks.

Later on ,
              Dan

Comment

My bro and I have a rack system at the moment with tupperware tubs but we are going to get visions.. we just six 2 footers for $350.00 and are about to trade fro two 6 footers. We stack ours on top of each other. the way they are made makes this easy. They line up evenly and do not tip easy. with the bottom one directly on the floor and we use drop lights with 40 watt bulbs just for light cuz we keep the room around 80 during the day and around 72 at night.

Comment

Working...
                X