This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY BOAPHILE

Just got my new cage from Mr. Ronne on friday. Just thought I would share.

Re: MY BOAPHILE

Pretty cool. Can't go wron with Boaphiles. ;D

Comment

I just got my boaphile also! I have the same thermomter as you to.

Comment

I just wanted to let every one knoe that I will never get another cage unless it is a boaphile. Scence I have gotten the cage set up and the temp's right. I had put a claypot in there for a hidebox, befor I put it in there I had soaked it in hot water. That was a month ago and I haven't sprayed or soaked the hidebox scence then and the humidity has staid at 60% My snake are more active I am getting another one this month! I would recomend this cage to anyone who ownes Boids! s30.gif s30.gif .

Tat

Comment

I too will agree with everyone. I have a boaphile 4 foot model with heat installed. It is the bomb.

But I have to disagree with the digital thermometer. Although your expereince with it is good. Mine is not. I got mine at Wal Mart and it has never functioned properly since the day I got it.

Anyway back to the cage.
          Right now I only have 2 Racks and a cage from The Boaphile.
          In the future I plan on purchasing an army of them.

Comment

how long did it take for your cage to be shipped?

Comment

Nice looking cage! I bet your boa will be happy in it's new home.

I do not have any Boaphiles, but they are very nice. I opted to save a couple of dollars and went with the Snakehut Modular caging. The Snakehut cages can be attached together to make larger units and break down to ship flat. Overall they are a great bargain!

Comment

After I placed my order I got it like 3 weeks later. It was well worth the waite. I am ordering the same cage again only with the expandable end and double heat this month.
                Then I am going to get the blind corner and that will give me a 5 foot cage.

Tat

Comment

i am thinking about buying two cages from jeff. one for my tree boa and one for my rtb, so i wanted to see how long it takes for shipping, thanks for the info.

Comment

Glad I could help. 8)

Tat

Comment

cwm1.gif  How much do they cost??

Comment

you can check out the site at www.theboaphile.com Hope this helps.

Tat

Comment

Nice looking cage! I bet your boa will be happy in it's new home.

I do not have any Boaphiles, but they are very nice. I opted to save a couple of dollars and went with the Snakehut Modular caging. The Snakehut cages can be attached together to make larger units and break down to ship flat. Overall they are a great bargain!
                          I see their site isn't up yet. Do they make any that are more than 2' deep? I am expecting my first retic on Friday and have seriously considered going with Boaphile expandable but that 2' depth just kills me evertime I think about it and pull out the tape measure to compare. I disagree with Jeff (the boaphile) when he says it is plenty of room for a large snake like a burm or retic (no offense meant, just disagreeing opinion). I absolutely love the boaphiles and how they are built with all the options but just don't feel comfortable keeping a possible 20+ foot snake in a cage that is only 2 foot deep.

If the snakehut makes modular caging with more depth and quality is comparable to boaphile I will definitely go with them. Do you happen to have any pictures of them? Wish their site was up.

Comment

Have to agree with you Slither.. IMO.. even a RTB that is 8 foot should be in a cage that is atleast 3-4 foot deep. That is why I just cut the wood today for both a 2x4x2 cage and a 4x4x2 cage. I got some super double A birch plywood. Gonna be sweet as soon as I get them done. I have 2 Surinam 2002 baby's coming in Thursday and I want to atleast have 2x4x2 cages for them.. Rule of thumb has always been the long side should be atleast 2/3's of the snakes body and the depth should be half, but in cases of a 20 foot snake 4' would be alot better then 2' deep..

Steve

Comment

The best thing that I can say on the Snakehut's is email Wes over there. [email protected] He was good about responding to emails for me.
                              Overall the cages are still doing great, they hold heat and humidity very well, and are easy to clean. I have only two complaints:
                              1. There is a little sagging in the top of the 4x2, but that may be my fault from putting a 20 gal long on top to see if it would sag. Ooops :P
                              2. The hardware that comes with the cage is all stainless steel. I prefer to use nylon (plastic) screws and nuts. The nylon does not have as sharp an edge as steel and of course is non-metallic.

Here it is, the new Snakehut Modular 4x2x18!!!!
                              The Box:

The Pieces:

Paritally Assembled:

Voila... a cage:

All ready to go:

This cage is a prototype so any flaws that I came across may be worked out in future cages...... I would also recommend, as Wes did, to seal all the seams with silicone prior using the cage. What is really cool about the deisgn of these cages is that cages can be bolted together to create longer ones in the future.

Overall this is a great cage for the money and I would recommend them to anyone out there looking for an inexpensive caging solution that has the ability to grow with your snakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X