This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHE or RHP

I am finally getting ready to start getting the pieces for heating my cage. It is 6 ft long, 2 ft deep and 4.5 ft tall. I already order 3 ft of heat tape to put along the bottom of the cage. But I was wondering what would be best for the top of the cage for heating. Would it be best to get a CHE and a ceramic light socket to put on top and if so, how many watts and how do I connect the socket to a standard plug? Or would it be better to order a Radient Heat panel from bigappleherp.com and use one of them. Again, how many watts should I get? Here are their choices. http://www.bigappleherp.com/bigapple...roducts/118100

Re: CHE or RHP

I would go with the RHP... Then you don't have to try to fabracate a cover for it... Just a piece of that holy stuff... That is kinda funny.. huh.. I don't know what it is called... just some card board lookin partical board stuff with a bunch of uniformed holes in it...
    That is my opion...
    Eric akak...Red

Comment

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking too, but I just wanted some other opinions. Plus I cut a hole in the roof, which I was originally going to put a heat lamp in, but now I can just put the panel over the hole. Now the questions is, what size should I go with?

Comment

hey evil, my big wooden cage is a foot shorter and a foot less wide, and i don't have any heat tape in there yet (it's sitting beside the cage waiting to be installed), and my RHP is 24" x 12" from pro products.  since you are using the heat tape, i think you could get by with second biggest one and run them both off the same thermostat.  
        and the holy cardboard stuff is called peg board.

Comment

Do you put the pegboard over the top of the RHP or under it?

Comment

Over the top..
            Eric aka...Red

Comment

Hey, where can you find pegboard at? I just did a quick trip around Lowes and didn't see any. Like I said it was a quick one, so I might have missed it. But is there anyplace that you guys know of for sure that you can find it at?

Comment

Hey ,Evil,
                Lowes should keep it around the paneling and plywood.
                At least thats where I have seen it before.
                Later on ,
                Dan

Comment

both lowe's and home depot sell it in pre-cut sections.  i think mine was about 4' by 2'.  it will be on the rows immediately next to the lumbar where you find crown molding and shelves and dowel rods and what not.  

Comment

Kool, thanks for all the help. I'll be ordering the RHP soon. All I have left to buy is the thermostat and the cage will be done and I can finally get all my babies is a MUCH bigger cage!!! I'm buying all the pieces piece by piece, so it's taken me awhile. I'll get some pix up as soon as I get it finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X