This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showcasecages.com

Anybody got cages from them? Their cages are made of melamine and look really nice. The only question is why do they have a 16x8 vent? Reptiles need little circulation. Comments?

Re: Showcasecages.com

Hi,
    Before you order from them get with mr flippinrocks and see if he can build you a cage that will be made out of either russian birch  plywood or completly of hard wood. the particle board cage are prone to moisture damage with time. he's builidng me a guyana cage that will be a double with shelfs 6ft/42in/2ft each cage,has large amount of floor/shelf space.and mine is a custom job no problem  I'll post pics when its set up..proably in march..
      I have one from another builder he dosen't build cages any longer, and it tends to swell around the seams it alos had a very cool floor that required addtional uth for heat...Its only 2/4 ftgreat for a hog island boa ,, I did water proof it with silicon glue but that only last so long..
        doug
    [ftp][email protected][/ftp]

Comment

Re: Showcasecages.com

There are louvres over the screened vents. So you can mash them down somewhat to limit airflow (This is what I did). I got the 4x3x2 and it looks awesome on the matching cabinet (The casters on the cabinet are a godsend for moving this thing around!) The back is a held in place by dovetails into the sides, top and bottom. The back seemed a bit flimsy at first (its pretty thin MDF piece) but once seated its very solid. The rest of the cage is very thick and solid (and heavy!) Sliding glass doors work like a charm and are easy to remove for cleaning. It Looks sharp and fits in well with the furniture (if you're after that look) Oh yeah assembly is a snap as it uses the screw and cam like most entertainment stands do. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X