X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Columbian Boa and a Boaphile

I am weak in the knees...

after seeing this Boa. WOW!!!

I must confess I did not read many of the posts here though. Just the first one and saw the pic and had to coment on it. I was just going to say...

You can't go wrong with BOAS! That plus a "Boaphile" is good any way you look at it. LOL

I gotta get back to breathing glue fumes! No rest for the wicked!

Jeff Ronne
    The Boaphile

theboaphile.com
    boaphileplastics.com

Comment

THANX for the compliments on ABBY-LUV, one of my guyanas. We think she great looking also ;D She has been breeding and is now gone off feeds as well... We'll see if it took or not in time though.

OH Draco.. In regards to this question...

If Clay loved a Boa since you had bought it and had been offering you alot more then you payed and he was going to breed it and give you a % of the offspring would you do it?

Clay & I would prolly never cross paths like that. There are some differences in our breeding habits of the BCI's that we have agreed to disagree on. We'd have to meet somewhere in the middle for such to take place even. Maybe we will one day, but I doubt it would be with a sale of a snake to the other from our breeding stock or personal collection. Maybe a breeding loan [ BUT due to recent "screw on a loan " by certain people.. I think that would take some time for me to do such again even, no matter who it is actually.
      Now as for the BCC's though...
      Sounds nice doesn't it?? BUT I am not one to turn around and sell off a snake that I purchased in order to gain monetarily from doing such from my experiences. If I did such, then I wouldn't have the Guyana, ABBY-LUV that i posted her pic up here of even at this point in time. I was offered $1500 for her after paying MUCH less for her even. She's still in my collection as you can see.

BTW.. You state that your friend can provide a home/cage for the snake that is much longer than you can. You are aware that that is actually an arboreal snake and the floor space is going to make no difference to that snake even if it is 10'.. Right??? It is a carpet python right ?

Comment

He dosent like to climb as much as you would think or I thought anyway. He enjoys alot of space and spends more than 65 % in the hide box or just crusing along the ground. And another 10 % in the kitty liter box filled with water. I think that he likes the water more than anything. Padens cage is like 6 tall and 9 wide and 2 deep. 10 Is just what I was usind as a referance

Comment

I know this post hasn't been used in over a month, but Lori that snake is absolutely gorgeous!!!!.... many props to you and everything you do with reptiles....

Comment

this reminds me of something, sometimes I wish I could trade or sell my girlfriend for another but it's not that easy!..plus I don't think she would like it ;D Stick with the snakes you have...just imagine how they feel going from the home they are at now, to another one. A few years back I had a very nice 4 foot Boa which died due to moving him so much and being stressed. Anyway, keep the guys you have!!

Comment

Working...
            X