X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackLX306
    replied
    Re: Columbian Boa and a Boaphile

this reminds me of something, sometimes I wish I could trade or sell my girlfriend for another but it's not that easy!..plus I don't think she would like it ;D Stick with the snakes you have...just imagine how they feel going from the home they are at now, to another one. A few years back I had a very nice 4 foot Boa which died due to moving him so much and being stressed. Anyway, keep the guys you have!!

Leave a comment:

• Tj
    replied

I know this post hasn't been used in over a month, but Lori that snake is absolutely gorgeous!!!!.... many props to you and everything you do with reptiles....

Leave a comment:

• draco842
    replied

He dosent like to climb as much as you would think or I thought anyway. He enjoys alot of space and spends more than 65 % in the hide box or just crusing along the ground. And another 10 % in the kitty liter box filled with water. I think that he likes the water more than anything. Padens cage is like 6 tall and 9 wide and 2 deep. 10 Is just what I was usind as a referance

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

THANX for the compliments on ABBY-LUV, one of my guyanas. We think she great looking also ;D She has been breeding and is now gone off feeds as well... We'll see if it took or not in time though.

OH Draco.. In regards to this question...

If Clay loved a Boa since you had bought it and had been offering you alot more then you payed and he was going to breed it and give you a % of the offspring would you do it?

Clay & I would prolly never cross paths like that. There are some differences in our breeding habits of the BCI's that we have agreed to disagree on. We'd have to meet somewhere in the middle for such to take place even. Maybe we will one day, but I doubt it would be with a sale of a snake to the other from our breeding stock or personal collection. Maybe a breeding loan [ BUT due to recent "screw on a loan " by certain people.. I think that would take some time for me to do such again even, no matter who it is actually.
    Now as for the BCC's though...
    Sounds nice doesn't it?? BUT I am not one to turn around and sell off a snake that I purchased in order to gain monetarily from doing such from my experiences. If I did such, then I wouldn't have the Guyana, ABBY-LUV that i posted her pic up here of even at this point in time. I was offered $1500 for her after paying MUCH less for her even. She's still in my collection as you can see.

BTW.. You state that your friend can provide a home/cage for the snake that is much longer than you can. You are aware that that is actually an arboreal snake and the floor space is going to make no difference to that snake even if it is 10'.. Right??? It is a carpet python right ?

Leave a comment:

• The_Boaphile
    replied

I am weak in the knees...

after seeing this Boa. WOW!!!

I must confess I did not read many of the posts here though. Just the first one and saw the pic and had to coment on it. I was just going to say...

You can't go wrong with BOAS! That plus a "Boaphile" is good any way you look at it. LOL

I gotta get back to breathing glue fumes! No rest for the wicked!

Jeff Ronne
    The Boaphile

Leave a comment:

• draco842
    replied

His home is as good as anyones. But I dont have 1000 dollar cages like Paden. I have like 4 foot cages not 10.

Leave a comment:

• king_ding_a_ling
    replied

Larry does have a point.......

Leave a comment:

• Larry
    replied

I am not losing money and he will recieve a better home then can give him.
    I guess the question I have is...if you couldn't give this snake a good home, what would change that you could give a boa a good home? ???

Leave a comment:

• draco842
    replied

I hope I have a snake with that kind of color when I buy a guyana in 2 or 3 years. Paden breeds alot of stuff he isn't as big any more cause it's more of a hobby now. He enjoys burms and red tails. Those are the ones I have seen from him. He actullay breeds them for more of the high end. Like display quality. The doctor I go to owns one of Padens. He is based out of houston and since he has cut back I am not sure he has an active site. I talked to him and he said that he will post some pics when he gets some time. I am sorry about being a jerk guys.

Leave a comment:

• king_ding_a_ling
    replied

Wow ;DThat is one beautiful Guyana Lori.I have found Guyanas to be one of my favorite snakes and that picture just makes me jealouse... s34.gif j/k...I think my Colombian Red Tail just heard me.

Leave a comment:

• bioclaire
    replied

LORI, your boas are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! You must be so proud!!

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied

Where does he sell his snakes now.?? does he post anywhere else...?? how does he sell his snakes??(inter net, show's, pet shop's, or pet stores..) What are the different kind's of snake he breeds...??? Is this guy a breeder that breeders get there snakes from or is he a breeder that pet owners get there snakes from...??
    Eric aka...Red
    does he have any pic's on line at all if so please give a pic... I would like to see the best boas in the world... I lov' pic's... there are the best thing about other people keeping snakes... lol

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

What do you think they sould be at?
    I keep both bci/bcc at basically..
    78/82 low
    85/88 high
    88/92 basking spot
    That's barring breeding ones of course. The ones in breed are kept a bit differently.

On humidity I keep them at ..
    bci = 55%
    bcc = 65%

Sure, tell Paden to post a bit on the site and show us what he works with and all. No matter how long we have been keeping.. herping is an ongoing lesson IMO.
    Here's a pic of one of my prized boas...She's in breeding atm ;D This pic is her actual coloring that she displays most of the time..

This pic is the purple/blue that she shows as some of the time...

OF course ..along with her looks she has a regular PMS schedule as well. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• draco842
    replied

Well were all in the hobby together and we just have to keep each other in line. Or something like that. I need to buy a Boa from each breeder I know and then we'll all be happy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

No hard feelings then draco842, everyone gets in a bad mood every now and then.

I think what kevin and paden ment is 82 on the cool end and 92 on the warm end. These temps are fine. They are in the temp ranges I listed on a previous post which was 80-85 on the cool end, and 90-95 on the warm end.

It sound like you are all set.
    Sound like all that is left is to decide is whom to buy a boa from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X