This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage design....

Due to the smaller size of the room it's going in, I'm trying to make it have multiple uses. I drew something up last night, how does this look? It will be around 2 feet deep.

Any suggestions? Will this be enough room for an 8' BCI?

Re: Cage design....

How deep is it going to be? It looks pretty kool though.

Comment

It will be around 2 feet deep.

Comment

I guess it would help if I actually read the whole post instead of just look at the picture. LOL  :P ;D You are going to use it for an 8 ftr, If he's the only one in there it might work. But I would try to either make it longer or deeper or both.  I feel he would probably be much more compfortable.

Comment

s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif Now you know men NEVER read instructions when there are pictures! ;D

Myself, I am not real good with the 2 D drawings anyway.. but that looks real good to me..

My concerns are this.. Make sure that the TV actually does not rest on the same UNIT. In other words if the bottom of the TV area and the snakes cage bottom are the same piece of wood, then you will create an enviroment (however slight) where the TV sound will cause subtle vibrations that the snake will feel. While we may never notice things like this, vibrations are huge in a snake world. Same thing goes for stereos, small refridgerators, etc etc. Just create seperation if you can.

Also I can tell you that by and large the lower section (the big area) will not get used a lot. By creating that awesome upper "deck" are, you will find your boa there 90% of the time...

They love the raised shelf units....
          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Well, I designed the upper deck area so the snake could use it. I've read alot about how they dig the shelves more than the ground, so I tried to put a couple shelves in there.

About the vibrations, I watch TV maybe once or twice a month. It's pretty much there in case the other TV's in my house aren't on a channel I want to watch. I guess I'm gonna have to move my bass amp into a different room though. ;D

I had a little 3d model of it, but there isn't much going on in the 3rd dimension so I just posted the front view and section. I'll post pics later!

Comment

Looks great. I also play bass and had to mov my stuff out of that room and all of a sudden I have a room just for snakes. Funny how that happens.

Comment

Working...
              X