This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion's on a tank

I have found a place that will sell me a 75 gal tank for 100.00. Which i think is a good price. But in order for me to be able to get the red tail i want i need to find a way to fool proof the cage. My mother babysits small children from time to time. I need to find out how can i put a lock on it or if some one could post a website where i could buy one for around the same price. It can be glass ,wood, or plastic, or you could just send me a blue print for a cage and i could make it my self

thanks you very much for helping me in this matter.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Re: suggestion's on a tank

Ok this is what you need..
    http://petcabinet.com/escapeproof
    I hope this link works... it will make you and your snake and your mom very happy... Plus it will add a shelf to the snakes cage..
    Eric aka...REd

Comment

Thanks Red,
      That look's like that would work very well if i could find on to fit a 75 gal.

Comment

I too am using a 75 gal tank at the moment. When I got the tank, I got a screen lid for the tank, with the tank came to L shaped locks, that lock on the top of the lid and the brim of the tank. My girl is 6.5 ft and has yet to escape. I know what you mean though. We have a couple of cats and a new kitten, I can't let her get out. I've seen her try a couple of times, but to no avail!!

Comment

Hey,
          I'm using a 75 gallon as one of my tanks as well, in which I house my 5' Dumeril's Boa. You can't see it really well in the pic, I'm 'breaking in' a new camera and have yet to figure out everything in the 126 page manual : I cut two squares of insulation for the top of the cage, and cut two holes in that for the heat lamps. Over the insulation I use a screen cover that is held down by a cross-board with a HEAVY weight on it. On the left is a 100 watt CHE and on the right is a 100 watt repti night light. Inside the cage is a waterfall, a large repti water dish, a large artificial log, and a big hide box.
          Everything is connected to a thermostat. I have never had any problems with temp or humidity. The humidity stays at a constant 60-70 %. This is a great set-up, and I have very little to do to control the heat or humidity.
          PT

Comment

hey,
            thats looks like a kool set up. I think I am going to build a lid that looks something like the ones in the link from one of the other post. I took wood shop last year and my teacher can make me anything i want, all i have to pay for is the wood,screen, and the most important locks. thanks for your info on your tank set up. maybe i can use it to set mine up.

Comment

He builds them in costom sizes only... infact the only size that you are likly to get is the size that you need.. I have a glass incloser and it sux I would say junk the glass and get a plastic one... but that is just my opion..
              Eric aka...Red

Comment

Working...
              X