This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting advice on my idea

I've been looking into getting the next enclosure for my boa, Isis. She will be one year old in January...and for her birthday, I'm getting her a bigger, better home.

Currently she's in a 20 gallon long tank, with everything just right, but I'm interested in the Boaphile cages. But when I was browsing through his site and looking at the pictures, I had this idea:

What if I bought two of the cages , had the pass-through hole installed, and made one cage the warm one, and the other the cool one?

I know this would probably be expensive, but I don't mind that much. I'm wanting something that will give her lots of room to roam and play. But I'm concerned about how the heating and lighting for all of this would work...Heat rises, so I figured the top cage would be the warm one. Wanted to get some other's advice on this before I started making plans and spending money.

Thanks guys!

Re: Wanting advice on my idea

What I would do is get them both with pass through and epandable sides so if the snake does not like the pass through then it can just have a cage twice as long... I have a boa phile cage and it is 4'Lx 2'Wx17 1/2"T It has a shelf and heating pads built in with a light and one expandable end it cost me a bundle but it is nice... I am going to get the corner piece and then another 4'lx 2'wx 171/2"t but no shelf and just one expandable end and light.. My snakes will have a condo... You don't really need a cage as big as I plan on makeing but it makes the qality of life of the snake higher.. so that is always good..
    Eric aka...REd

Comment

You know, I could do that...make it longer if she doesn't like the "multi-levels" but then again, I could also close up the pass-thru and just purchase another snake!

When you order the Boaphile cages, will they help with installing the needed light fixtures, heating sources, and everything?? If so, that would be so awesome!

Comment

They will do everything for you.

Comment

You can get a boaphile in a hole lot of colors with pass through's both top and side and light fixtures heat tape heat pannels vents shelfs multi cage units and he will do custum cages which is great..
          Eric aka...REd

Comment

Working...
          X