Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a project and its gonna be a little hard!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a project and its gonna be a little hard!!

Ok so here is my dilemma

I have a Columbian RTB and a Female Pastel ball python both relatively small. My RTB is about 26 inches and my python is about 18-19 inches long..

Now i have had them in glass tanks right now my RTB in a 40 gallon glass breeder and my python in a 10 gallon tank

So here is my dilemma i would like to make a small rack if thats possible that is going to be able to keep the python and rtb in the same setup for the rack. (not the same cage i know we cant do that)

So who can help me build a rack out of anything dosent matter what but out of anything that is going to be suitable for both snakes.

Please keep in mind that the when the time comes i would like to use the same setup rack and just switch out to bigger tubs when the boa and python both get bigger. I know im asking alot but if just one person could help me out that would be so much help. thanks alot guys hope you can help

Re: Have a project and its gonna be a little hard!!

Here is a link to a web page that has some excellent information on how to build your own caging. There are also some good posts here at RTB.com that have pictures of the racks and cages that various members have built - you just have to learn how to use the search function to find them.

Cage Building Tips

Or if you don't have or know how to use hundreds of dollars worth of wood-working tools, you may want to consider plastic caging such as those made by our very own Boaphile!

Plastic Reptile Cages, Tanks and Racks. Snake, arboreal, lizard and turtle light weight custom flexwatt heated enclosures.

(send me my kickback check jefe )

Comment

Originally posted by judgment View Post
      Here is a link to a web page that has some excellent information on how to build your own caging. There are also some good posts here at RTB.com that have pictures of the racks and cages that various members have built - you just have to learn how to use the search function to find them.

Cage Building Tips

Or if you don't have or know how to use hundreds of dollars worth of wood-working tools, you may want to consider plastic caging such as those made by our very own Boaphile!

Plastic Reptile Cages, Tanks and Racks. Snake, arboreal, lizard and turtle light weight custom flexwatt heated enclosures.

(send me my kickback check jefe )

Agree that there is some great information on here on how to build cages and rack but i have yet to find something on a rack that fits a rtb and python and then when they get bigger still the rack to fit them comfortably.... but thanks for the link

Comment

There are a ton of pre-fab bookshelves available. As long as it was deep enough and had adjustable shelving (most do) you would be able switch to larger tubs later. Plus they usually go together with hand tools or just an allen wrench in some cases. Provided they aren't moved around full of stuff all the time they usually last quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by tsshields View Post
          Agree that there is some great information on here on how to build cages and rack but i have yet to find something on a rack that fits a rtb and python and then when they get bigger still the rack to fit them comfortably.... but thanks for the link
          Man if I were you I would just put them in cages that will fit them at their adult size.

For an adult ball python, you can use a rack that looks like this:

Ideal for:
          Adult Ball Pythons
          Boas/Pythons up to 6'
          Colubrids up to 7'
          Gecko Colonies

4 Sterilite # 1960 Tubs are:
          34 1/2" long
          16 1/2" Wide
          5 5/8" Tall

If you think a small snake will be insecure in this tub you can put a hide in the front and in the back so they have hiding places to choose from that are both on the heat and off.

If you are dead set on building your cage, you can find tubs this size and build it yourself.

Good luck.

Comment

If you want to build a rack, I would recommend that you find the largest tubs you want to use and build the rack around it. If you are really good with your measurements, you can go to home depot, purchase the wood and they will cut to the size you need but you need to plan ahead for this with all your measurements. I have done this and it makes it quite easy to put together.

Personally, I don't think a rack will be big enough for an adult RTB.

Comment

Originally posted by JKReptiles View Post

I'm with you; I really feel like a boa deserves at least a 4' x 2' cage - but if you are talking minimum acceptable size...? Maybe there is some wiggle room in there for some folks.

Comment

I'm with you; I really feel like a boa deserves at least a 4' x 2' cage - but if you are talking minimum acceptable size...? Maybe there is some wiggle room in there for some folks.

Do no tubs fit and adult boa????

Comment

Originally posted by JKReptiles View Post
                  If you want to build a rack, I would recommend that you find the largest tubs you want to use and build the rack around it. If you are really good with your measurements, you can go to home depot, purchase the wood and they will cut to the size you need but you need to plan ahead for this with all your measurements. I have done this and it makes it quite easy to put together.

It's up to you. There are different opinions on the subject. I personally plan to eventually keep all my males in a Fatt Staxx setup from Jeff - which is a rack system.

I plan to eventually get all my girls into 421d's - unless I end up with some really big 'uns.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X