Custom Slide Enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Slide Enclosure

Here is an Enclosure I started along time ago but never finished I am now going to finish my wife calledme at work one night to tell me one of my Boas was relaxing on top of his cage instead of in it...lol almost had to leave work if it hadn't been for one of my daughtersfriends father that had Boas and came over to put it up because my wife and Kids "WOULD NOT TOUCH IT".Anyway here is the enclosure, I have incorporated a slide tray for ease of cleaning and trimmed over that leaving only 1/4 " space to keep substrate in tray and let heat from flexwatt come from under. Not sure if I might put flexwatt in tray then do a sealed false bottom. not sure
    All comments,additions and or subtractions welcome. Thanks, Harmon

Last edited by BigPaPaErnest; 12-19-2009, 08:57 AM. Reason: made pics veiwable on thread.

Re: Custom Slide Enclosure

Will also try to post some pics later of my Boas later

Comment

WOW.... you got yourself a pretty nice enclosure. I wish i had the skills to build my own enclosure like that. but its really nice

Comment

That is very nice ... Very nice!! How many do you plan to make ?
        That must me time consuming ?

But, Time is worth it!
        Ryan

Comment

Thanks alot to both of you, It is very time consuming but woodworking is one thing I love consuming my time with. I need to build atleast one more for my last Boa. After I get the bugs worked out and get them functioning properly (temps and Humidity), I might see if I could sell a few but for now it is kinda in the rough draft stage. I will try to get some stain and a clear coat on it tonight (water based).I am reserching my heating options now.
          Thanks again,
          Harmon

Comment

Nice looking cage, I love the sliding bottom. You might find a market for these.
            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

I think I would use radiant heat panels. What are you doing for a door?

Comment

In the top pic there is a raised panel door frame clamped on, It will have plexiglass in it. I just havent got the glass yet so I cant glue it yet. But yes it will have a door that covers the whole front with about 14" x 45" being plexiglass

and yes I was thinking about using the heat panels it would be easier to keep them from getting wet..lol

Comment

Originally posted by H_Moss View Post
                  Thanks alot to both of you, It is very time consuming but woodworking is one thing I love consuming my time with. I need to build atleast one more for my last Boa. After I get the bugs worked out and get them functioning properly (temps and Humidity), I might see if I could sell a few but for now it is kinda in the rough draft stage. I will try to get some stain and a clear coat on it tonight (water based).I am reserching my heating options now.
                  Thanks again,
                  Harmon
                  I suggest using a couple coats of Minwax helsman "Spar Urethane"

After you stain it of course.

Its the best stuff once dry there are NO toxicity issues at all

Not with heat or anything. Plus its extremely durable
                  can't go wrong with it !!

Great job building that enclosure , interesting idea.

Does the wood trey dis attach so you can just dump it ?

The heating issue will be tricky, not sure if low watt Flewatt will heat
                  through the trey or not
                  you'll have to figure that one out ,LOL

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

The slides do disattach simply by a plastic lever on each side of the tray

Comment

im trying to build one and now that i look at yours i feel like mine looks like a junior high school woodshop project.
                      thanks.

Comment

Thanks...or Sorry not sure which...lol It took alot of years and alot of $$$$ intools to be able to do that but I still kinda wish I was back in H-school woodshop...lol any way here are a couple more with th door attached. I still have to get something mountd on each side to hold the door up and keep it lockd when down. In the pictuer I am using my daughter and her B-Friend....lol

Thanks again
                        Harmon

Comment

I hope you dont mind...i made the pics show up on the beginning of the thread.

WOW...that is one nice enclosure! I LOVE the color to it!
                          Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Thanks Ernest, I thought I had them as pics but I guss I am more tired than I thought...lol. I should hit 40 hours overtime this week, maybe I might get it finished next year some time...lol
                            Thanks again,
                            Harmon

Comment

That is a nice enclosure Harmon! I was checking that out on your new site. I love the idea of pulling the bottom out.

Comment

Working...
                              X