Anyone with plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with plans?

Well my Boaphile 422d just came in and now I am looking at building a pedestal with cabinets for storage to lay the cage on top.
    I am enclosing a picture from cagesbydesign.com as an idea of what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance.
    -Anthony
    Attached Files

Re: Anyone with plans?

Boaphile plastics actually makes a pedestal with a cabinet and two sets of racks. I think it is called a fatt staxx. You should be able to fab something up similar to this or you could order one if you have the extra coin. I don't know if he has them on his website but you can see them on his YouTube channel to get the idea.

Comment

I know they do but for the price of the pedestal, I could buy another cage with that money. And if I had the money, I would but I don't.
      But thank you for youre help!

Comment

Hi,

I can't be of any help on your project but I have the 4 x 422d stack pack with a ped (and I'm still waiting for that but I think its not usable for space) and I'd be interested to see how what you're doing turns out. I would love a little cabinent area to house misc supplies and what not.

I can't build anything myself but would love the option to be on the bp site..

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySzum View Post
          I know they do but for the price of the pedestal, I could buy another cage with that money. And if I had the money, I would but I don't.
          But thank you for youre help!
          It would probably be fairly easy to get the demensionsions and make a similar rack out of malamibe, I just saw the price on them too - you'd make out cheaper to buy a couple more 421/2 and making the pedistal. If you find/ make some plans post them up I'd be interested to see them. Good luck

Comment

The money has to be spent somewhere so if you dont have money for the pedestal then buy another cage and use that for a pedastal then another then another then another... I am trying to help ya out here Jeff can you tell...lol
            Harmon

Comment

Just build one out of melamine. It's fairly expensive as far as building material goes, but nothing compared to what a boaphile pedestal would cost you. I'm building a couple cages out of melamine, I'll post plans if I end up building a cabinet for them.
              http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

I will take pics of my awesome cabibet i made, supplies were about $190 for the wood and stain. it's 4Lx2Wx2W and has 3 shelfs, center cabinet and looks awesome.

Comment

Here's a few pics of the cabinet I built for mine a few weeks ago. It measures roughly 4'Wx2'Dx2'T. Overall i'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I can hide all my cords and thermostat plus store almost everything else snake related under it! Not sure on exact material cost because I had some scrap at the house, but could def. be done for under $100.

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys. Im sending you a PM Jdataco

Comment

Working...
                    X