waterfall or pond project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterfall or pond project

anyone have any ideas on waterfalls in the corner of a 4x4x4 or a waterfall to a pond. Any help will be apprciated.

thankyou in advanced

Re: waterfall or pond project

Need some more info first,

1. What type of animals if any will be housed in the Paludarium?

2. How much cleaning maintenance do you want to be responsible for?

3. What is the budget?

Mat.

Comment

These are not reptile waterfalls but I've been curious on this.

2 years ago at Lowes I was buying new tools and some new things for the new house. On the way to checkout I saw decorative/display waterfalls. I thought they looked really neat so I bought one (it was $80, I think). IT's like a 5 step waterfall with a bunch of rocks. Included pump and all.

Anyway, the back of it is flat and would be perfect to push against a corner. The problem with mine is there's too many steps. They had much less vertical ones there though. Would anything like that work? They're not intended for animals to my knowledge but I don't know why you couldn't use one for it. Thing is sorta heavy though, but pretty easy to clean and one fill up lasts a week or so with me running it 24/7 (need to monitor it though or there wont be enough water to pump up the tube to the top of the fall)

The waterfalls "for reptiles" I've seen were all so small that they look to be for baby hatchlings or colubrids / other small species.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
        Need some more info first,

1. What type of animals if any will be housed in the Paludarium?

2. How much cleaning maintenance do you want to be responsible for?

3. What is the budget?

Mat.
        In my paludarium would be 1 boa.
        It dont matter on maitnence but not like agae heaven.
        anywhere from 0-50 or a little higher.

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond earlier I completely forgot about this thread. I would not suggest any type of large water feature in a boa enclosure and a Pludarium is typically for amphibians or lizards like Chinese Water Dragons. Too high humidity can harm your boa in a few ways and semi aquatic enclosures are hard to keep clean with snakes. I'll cite the captive Anaconda as my example, most keepers have found that semi aquatic enclosures are too hard to maintain correctly and keep their condas in more traditional snake set ups. With your budget and the animal you are putting in the enclosure your only option for a water feature would be a water fall (but I don't really think they are a good idea). You could build one for $50 or less but keep in mind this is another thing that has to be disinfected and cleaned regularly. With the dimensions of your cage you are probably going to want a larger type water fall, but I'm sure you dont want it to be a hassle to clean so I would suggest foam. You can get one of those fake rock foam backgrounds and carve a little water way or a few of them, into the face of it. Place a tray at the bottom of it to hold the water and pump and there you have it. It will not look like a modular water fall, instead it will be water running down a rock wall on one side of the cage, but I think this is safer. There is less chance of the boa being able to climb the wall type and so less chance of it falling over. (which is exactly what happened to my boa the first time she climbed on a modular Exo Terra unit when I was trying to get some pics.) Making it like this also makes it safer as you can run the hose for the pump and the electrical cord up the back of the background and out of the cage (for the electrical, the pump hose would obviously be allowing the water to run down the rock wall). This probably isn't very clear, I'll find an example of what I am talking about so you can see it later.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
          X