X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first build

this was my first build i ever did

Re: my first build

looks good cant see it, but hope that light inside is caged off. other than that very nice even looks stackable.

Comment

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
      looks good cant see it, but hope that light inside is caged off. other than that very nice even looks stackable.
      i agree needs to be blocked off or the snake will burn it self

is a very nice build though what type of wood did you use?

Comment

thank you, i used just reg wood did 3 coats of stain with poly. and like 8 coats of poly inside. the pic was right after it dried i put her in there to see how much space she had. the lights are blocked i got 2 in there one is off right now. i got a 150 watt and a 50 watt temps are good. i got a water bowl and a big hide in there now. last night and did some wiring and got a switch on the back with a dimmer switch too. oh and i got tile down for easy clean up too i think that covers it. im pretty happy the way it turned out. 5x3x3

Comment

looks really good,you did a really nice job....awesome enclosure.....Mike

Comment

looks pretty good!

one question, though... did you let it air out for a couple of weeks before putting the snake in? those fumes are BAAAAD news

also... not sure if you've heard about it or not, but congress is considering a ban on boas and some pythons right now. if you haven't already done something to help out, it's SUPER easy and we'd all REALLY appreciate it!

check this thread out...

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/ind...kill-s373.html

Comment

being tall it needs a shelf about 7 inches up your boa will also feel secure under it and get a little exercise climbing up.But keeps things easy cleanable unlike a bunch of branches and such.

Comment

i thought about putting a shelf or something. right now im more worried about her being so dry to the touch temps are perfect and humidity is 50 to 55 i dont know whats up.im going to try putting a bigger water bowl in there see if it helps

Comment

Its a very nice cage... i just finished my 2nd cage...... i just have one question. how did you put in your windows and did you use Glass or Plexi..... i was also thinking about double doors like you did but i need to get by building skills up a lil bit... again, it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by niko1 View Post
                    Its a very nice cage... i just finished my 2nd cage...... i just have one question. how did you put in your windows and did you use Glass or Plexi..... i was also thinking about double doors like you did but i need to get by building skills up a lil bit... again, it looks good
                    To put the glass in for mine, I routed out a groove in the back of the window/door and kept the glass in place with these things:
                    http://www.lowes.com/pd_81380-15369-71447_4294934474_?productId=3108813&Ntt=screen%20d oor%20tabs&Ntk=i_products&Ns=p_product_price|1&pl= 1&currentURL=/pl_Hardware_4294934474__s?Ntk=i_products$Ntt=scree n%20door%20tabs$Ns=p_product_price|1

Not sure what they're called, but they're in the screen door/window section.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lpdjstitch View Post
                      this was my first build i ever did
                      Really this is the first building type project you've done !?!

I think you did a wonderful Job !!

Looks great , way to go !!

P.S.

Oh by the way I've never once had a Boa burn itself on an open light

I have 2 cages with Dome lights (painter Lights) clamped inside

No Boa has ever attempted to go up by the Light while its on

Believe me I've watched them closely for several years

Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with caging the Light off as a safety factor

I just wanted to throw this comment out there
                      You never know better safe than sorry
                      Last edited by Boa Amarali; 01-19-2010, 01:09 AM.

Lar M
                      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Job well done!

Comment

Working...
                        X