New enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New enclosure

Hey guys, I finally got my door guides in, so I will be putting the new enclosure together now. I was just wondering where is the best location to drill my vent holes, the enclosure is (5'Lx3'Wx2'H). I'm also not sure if I should silicone the inside gaps, I already stained and sealed multiple coats of water based poly- urethane. Thanks
    Kevin

Re: New enclosure

Comment

Going to ply the front edges and put some corner moulding on too.

Comment

Looking good!!! Keep us updated!!

Comment

I'd silicone all the seams Kevin... Why take a chance on a massive urine leak?

If your cage is on an outside wall (and you live in a cold climate) you may want to avoid rear venting and vent the sides of the cage. If not, just put the vents wherever you prefer.

Nice build... Keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I'm going to silicone the seams, and I live in nj northeast so winters are cold, the side of the enclosure will be against the outside wall so I will vent the back. Pics to come soon so stay tuned

Comment

Hey Kev, I live in NEPA, so I feel your cold winters. lol. This past winter was brutal. Lakes are just now warming up... Anyways.. My boa room is in my basement on a tiled concrete floor. My usuable enclosure walls are exterior. Unfortunately, only half of the wall is under ground (raised ranch style). I have found the best place for venting is actualy on the front of the enclosure. I seem to maintain more stable temps that way. I get 1/4" acrylic cut right to size pretty cheap online. I just drill and flame polish holes (simple to do) towards the bottom of the acrylic in an eye pleasing pattern.

Enclosure is looking GREAT by the way. Keep us posted!!

Comment

Looks good, keep us posted on your progress. I would say vent holes can be in the back.
                sigpicJrock23

Comment

Slowly but surely coming along, put in tracks and front panels on, next vents and heating. She should be in by the weekend. [emoji3]

Comment

Also, going to put corner moulding to clean up the outside edges, I'm not the best wood worker lol.

Comment

Looks very nice
                      sigpicJrock23

Comment

Made my vents today using 1/4" router. I'm going to pop the acrylic in tomorrow and she's ready for her new home. [emoji3]

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.
                              Nice fog action

Comment

Working...
                              X