PVC 4x2x1 Stack Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC 4x2x1 Stack Build

so after acquiring now 7 snakes, 4 boas and 3 colubrids, and im expecting my last boa in the mail here in the next couple months when it hatches, im going to build my (hopefully) permanent homes for my boas (females). I decided to build out of 1/4" expanded pvc sheet. i building 4 cages, 3 full 4x2x1 for my females and 1 divided (2x2x1) for my 2 males. down the road i will build 2 more and move the males into those and my sons king and rat snake can go in their room in the divided cage. the cages will be on the hinged door variety. im using pvc angle to brace and for the front dam and hinge mount. i will be adding angle where needed as i build and stack. as far as whats holding it together, im using Maxi-cure glue and Plastic weld. it will be heated via heat 12" heat tape from and a herpstat. anyways here are my starting pics of the divided coming together and the first full cage started. what would you guys suggest for sealing the seams on the bottom/sides? aquarium sealer? thanks for the advice and feel free to give some pointers or criticism!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: PVC 4x2x1 Stack Build

Aquarium sealant works just fine. You definitely want it sealed though because it will leak..lol

Nice looking cages.

Star

Intelligence is not how much you know, but knowing how to put the knowledge you have to use!

Comment

does anyone know if the hobby super glue im using will hold it well enough, should i drill and plug holes? maybe some crafty placement of angle inside the cages at joints as extra glue contact area?

Comment

should be getting some more done tomorrow, will post pics accordingly!

Comment

Working...
        X